*** If you have any questions or to connect with a recruiter while your application is being reviewed, please Text DFS2 to 317-597-8130 ***
***$5,000 NEW HIRE BONUS! 50% AFTER 30 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT 50% AFTER 180 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT ***
Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering select services, such as accident repair, paint, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. Supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center, CAMFS provides maintenance scheduled and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
CAMFS is currently hiring a Mobile Diesel Technician Level II will be responsible for performing licensed DOT inspections, Preventative Maintenance inspections, light and follow-up repairs, light mechanical/hydraulic/electrical and electronic diagnostics, and other duties as assigned. The Mobile Diesel Technician II can perform more advanced diagnostics and repairs under the supervision of a Sr Mobile Diesel Technician or higher. The Diesel Technician II continues to learn additional advanced mechanical skills and diagnostic techniques. A successful Diesel Technician II complies with all company policies and achieves high level performance metrics.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs on light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles in a mobile/field environment.
- Perform minor adjustment and repairs on various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions and to ensure that they are working properly.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information, using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives.
- Independently manage parts inventory and equipment provided on company-issued service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Maintain and operate company-issued service vehicle, conduct safety checks, and pre-/post-trip inspections of vehicle.
- Work with and listen effectively to clients and customers to assess their needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations.
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, as well as Diesel tools, welding equipment, lift and jacks.
- Document according to company standards and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company-issued iOS device and our proprietary TRAIT application.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most Standard Repair Times.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Communicate with management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Maintain company issued service truck, conduct safety checks and daily pre/post trip inspections.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet Cox Automotive Mobility minimum driving qualification standards.
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or withing 72 hours of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Diesel Technician on medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair or equivalent combination of technical education/certifications/skill/experiences.
- Obtain Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification T8 (PMI) within the eighteen (18) months.
- Must be at least 21 years or older.
Why Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services?
- Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
- Laptop & company cellphone provided
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
- Hourly pay rate is $27.84 - $41.78/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.