Conducts inspections of incoming vehicles to detect damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems; prepare and submits reports of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates, and related documentation.
- Conduct assessment of vehicle condition upon receipt noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
- Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition including vehicle identification data, condition description; repair costs estimates, photographs, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates; adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation
- Follow all applicable safety and health related procedures
- May be required to locate, start and move vehicles as directed
- Perform other job related duties as directed the by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- ASE certification or background in automotive repair, and cost estimating preferred
- Knowledge ICAR Certifications preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required
- Basic computer software skills required
- Ability to multitask required
- Must be detail oriented
- General knowledge of automotive body and mechanical work preferred
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception
- Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.