• Organize and maintain the placement of vehicles within the designated zone or move area to the defined standard established by lot operations leadership
• On a daily basis utilize information from the Supervisor and Lot Ops dashboards to make move decisions to stage their assigned zone area.
• Responsible for continuous improvement efforts relating to safety and efficient movement of vehicles in and out of their assigned zone area
• Move vehicles and stage them in a safe arrangement to their proper work destinations to eliminate multiple drop off points and less than full loads.
• Confirm that all vehicles can operate safely, and engage service and tow teams when inoperable vehicles are found
• Label vehicles with sale and routing labels to maintain accurate movements and eliminate the need for crew leaders to print and label staged units before transport
• Communicate with crew leaders and managers regarding the status of inventory levels within the defined move area and make the decision of what is priority.
• Set an example in behavior by championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect
• Implement all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct
• Be a visible representation of Manheim’s safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures, and modeling the behaviors related to these directives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate. Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 6 months auction or driving experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• Basic mechanical knowledge of identifying (i.e., flat tires, low gas, jump starting vehicles.)
• Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout preferred.
• Knowledge of LDM preferred.
• Required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear, vision abilities required to include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
Work Environment: Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.