NextGear Capital, a Cox Automotive brand, is currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team in Carmel, IN.
At Cox, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. Our DevOps engineers are a key to this success by helping accelerate deliveries and increasing application resilience. Founded on the premise to standardize tooling across a set of teams and to evangelize new technologies and processes, the DevOps engineers regularly investigate engineering pain-points and then thoughtfully provide scalable solutions.
A perfect candidate is one that likes automating tedious tasks, create safety guards from mistakes being made, prefers simplifying problems instead of overcomplicating things, being proactive instead of reactive, mindfully accepting tech-debt, and, most importantly, working as a team. If this describes you, or you want to hear more, click the Apply button and we look forward to connecting.
At Cox, collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation
- Drive an end-to-end pipeline process for frequent application, infrastructure, and configuration releases
- Identify technical or process improvement opportunities, and partner with delivery teams to implement them
- Live by Agile principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including sandbox testing, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years experience OR 8 years experience equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education. MS + 2 years of experience. Ph D + up to 1 year experience.
- Working experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)or Azure
- Working experience with Windows
- Working experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Proven ability to work with team members to deliver projects on deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and keep multiple threads in progress simultaneously
- Understand how code is built in a CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to communicate within Engineering as well as with non-technical teams
What We Look For:
- Working experience with container services such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Working experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Working experience with provisioning such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Working experience with config management such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- Working experience with source management such as GitHub, Bit Bucket, GitLab
- Working experience with deploy artifacts such as Artifactory, Nexus
- Working experience with CD/CI tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI
- Working experience with monitoring/instrumentation or observability tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Splunk, Elk
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.