Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering select services, such as accident repair, paint, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. Supported by a 24/7 in-house call center, CAMFS provides maintenance scheduled and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
CAMFS is currently hiring a CDL Driver to join our Shop Team to support the future growth of the Company.
- Shuttle commercial vehicles to be repaired or post repairs between our maintenance shop and our customers in the surrounding area - be home every evening .
- Pick up and deliver parts from local parts stores/distribution centers back to our maintenance shop.
- Provide excellent customer service by going above and beyond customers’ expectations.
- Contributes to achievement of Maintenance Shop department goals and objectives.
- Maintains a safe and compliant working environment.
- Attends management meetings when requested.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business requirements.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline; or 5 years’ experience in a related field.
- A valid Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Hazmat and Tanker endorsements required
- Experience with Manual and Automotive transmissions required
- Between 1 and 3 years of CDL driving experience.
- The ability to lift to 75 pounds and maneuver heavy equipment.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to read/follow maps, routes, and GPS system.
- Experience in positions demonstrating the ability to provide exceptional customer service to external and internal contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Dependable, organized and committed.
- Positive attitude, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Familiarity with the local geography.
- High energy, a positive attitude, adaptability, and strong work ethic. Resourceful and motivated
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.