You will work with an experienced professional services team to help customers migrate to and operate in the Cloud (AWS and Azure), with a primary focus on data and databases.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and customers to solve data challenges.
- Assess and remediate sizing/performance/configuration issues
- Plan and execute data migrations, alone or as part of larger cloud migration efforts
- Modernize database platforms (MSSQL/Oracle->PgSQL/Aurora)
- Design and implement data lakes and ETL pipelines
- Provide consulting guidance to customers and prospects, assist colleagues with the planning and writing of Statements of Work.
Who You Are:
You’re passionate about technology and the plethora of options the public cloud offers. You enjoy helping customers solve existing problems while identifying and remediating new problems. You also have the following:
- A BA/BS Degree with 8 years of relevant overall experience, or a MS degree with 6 years of relevant overall experience, or a Ph.D and 3 years of experience, or 12 years of overall relevant experience without a college degree
- 8+ years of diverse database administration and architecture experience, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant public cloud experience
- Specialty/Intermediate level AWS and/or Azure cloud data certification (AWS Database Specialty, DP-100, DP-203, DP-300, DP-500)
- Expert level familiarity with at least one of the following SQL Databases: PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle, both on-prem and in the cloud (AWS RDS, Azure SQL, etc.)
- Expert level familiarity with at least one of the following NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra, CouchDB, Cosmos, ElasticSearch/OpenSearch
- Hands-on experience using ETL tools to get data into and out of databases and data warehouses/data lakes.
- Intermediate level experience with one or more Infrastructure-as-Code implementations (ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Familiarity with Identity and Access models in on-prem (Active Directory), public cloud (AWS IAM, Azure AD), and in-schema.
- Hands-on experience running migration tools, including but not limited to: backup/restore, log shipping/mirroring, Always On Availability Groups, AWS Database Migration Services, Schema Conversion tool, Azure Migrate, Azure Data Migration Assistant, AWS Glue.
- Professional/Expert level Cloud Architecture certification (AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AZ-305)
- Intermediate to expert level familiarity with a commercial analytics or data warehousing platform such as Databricks, Snowflake, RedShift, Azure DataLake
- Experience with AI/ML applications and pipelines
- Industry knowledge in any of the following verticals is highly desired:
- Financial Services/FinTech
What’s In It For You?
Life comes at you fast sometimes. When it does, it’s good to be with a stable company like Cox that has amazing resources but maintains the friendliness of a startup. With our best-in-class benefits and award-winning employee culture, you won’t have to sweat the small stuff. Here’s a little peek at some ways we help:
- We’re on your side. Our pro-sales culture honors and respects what you and other salespeople contribute to our continuing success at Cox.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We’re all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow (often on our dime!).
- Our innovative culture provides us with a roadmap to keep ahead of the competition, and our excellent reputation with clients in our industries reflects that.
- At Cox, we foster a culture of integrity and fairness, which we generously recognize and reward.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Looking to grow your family? You’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours to do so.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
With benefits as diverse as our employees, you’ll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
Compensation includes a base salary of $140,600.00 - $234,400.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company’s needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.