- Clean out and de-trash interior of vehicles by removing any debris and trash from ashtrays, console, dashboard, door panels, seats, etc., as well as trunk and engine compartment.
- Remove license plates and stickers, as well as any writing from windows, except pertinent to Auction business. Disassemble spare tires in trunk.
- Wash vehicles using a high-pressure washer or automatic car wash equipment. Apply chemicals, power-wash the engine compartment and clean battery terminals.
- Clean doorjambs, sills, interior panels, wheels, tires, hub caps/wheel covers, wheel wells, moldings, bumpers, head- and taillights, spare tire , exterior panels, trunk, hood, and interior and exterior windows. Detail vehicles by cleaning and dressing trim, molding, weather stripping, instrument panel, steering wheel, dash molding, etc. with detail brushes.
- Buff vehicles by applying dressing to engine compartment, wheels, wheel wells and tires, vinyl tops, etc. Apply compound, cleaner and/or polish to vehicles interior, and buff out using a rotary buffer (or by hand as necessary). Wax and buff exterior and all painted surfaces of vehicles using a hand-type buffer.
- Vacuum interior, scrub, shampoo and spot clean carpet and upholstery. Straighten seatbelts.
- Clean glove box making sure that warranty booklet, owner's manual and other manufacturer issued information is returned.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
*$1,000 Sign on bonus*
($500 paid out after 30 days of employment, $500 paid out after 90 days of employment)
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Generally, less than 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Previous experience in detail shop or buffing experience helpful.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver's license required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Medium strength: ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.).
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
Occasional exposure to outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Moderate noise level.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.