Serves as key contributor working in partnership with Release Train and Delivery Teams to guide the strategy, design, implementation, and support for enterprise solutions. Works closely with the business and technology leadership to establish an architectural framework and the definition of technology strategy, standards, polices, and roadmaps. The ideal candidate is an experienced architectural leader with demonstrated experience defining, designing, and integrating with Salesforce based solutions and should be comfortable operating with direct and indirect influence. If no Salesforce experience, ability to quickly ramp up on Salesforce ecosystem.
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Drive’s quality in the solution architectures developed.
- Stays current on technologies and architectures to stay ahead of engineering to be able to provide technical Roadmaps
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
- Participates in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives.
- Creates a culture of knowledge sharing and failing forward, providing opportunities for engineers to learn from each other’s successes and challenges.
Technical Architecture Development
- Evaluates performance, security, reliability, operations, technology, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 7+ years of experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment.
- 3+ years of experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment.
- Software development background in modern server-side computing stacks with Java/Spring Boot preferred.
- Software development background in the Salesforce eco-system preferred
- Strong background in API design patterns including RESTful APIs, messaging-based APIs and other architectural integration patterns.
- A solid understanding of the solutions architecture, data model, and strategy of a Salesforce based platform and integrations.
- Ability to quickly evaluate and learn in new situations and apply to business initiatives and outcomes.
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, and concepts.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.