Competitive Strategy Director - Water Treatment OperationsJob ID 1720239 Date posted 12/18/2017 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Develop a strategy and investment thesis including long-term views on market growth and development, competitive dynamics, critical success factors for growth, and ecosystem advancement.
- Identify and prioritize potentially actionable opportunities for investment or acquisition, including active pipeline management.
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations.
- Monitor industry trends, categories, concepts, businesses and best practices, including technology advances.
- Assess fit, feasibility, and financial impact of new strategic investments and, provide active due diligence support.
- Work independently to manage own priorities in close coordination with other members of the Competitive Strategy team as well as the broader strategy organization.
- Design, support and drive on-going strategies that lead to a portfolio of growth opportunities. Translate strategies into targeted actions.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and with industry and professional networks to assist in strategy formulation.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy organization, or financial services company.
- MBA, or demonstrated equivalent; engineering degree a plus.
- Broad knowledge of the water treatment industry with a focus on operations, enabling technologies, cost management, compliance, regulation and local government procedures.
- Experience working with strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenario analysis, and competitive assessments.
- Experience managing large-scale initiatives and proven ability to integrate strategic ideas into actionable plans.
- A proven track record and demonstrated ability to develop investment strategies in the water sector, including: development of actionable opportunities; prioritization of each in accordance with the strategy; identification of potential targets.
- Strong leadership and communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively engage with senior executives.
- Ability to develop relationships with regulatory, government and investor community.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex strategy topics to a variety of audiences through both written and oral communication, including executive-ready presentations.
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, at both senior and junior levels.
- Ability to integrate market, competition and trends with business models.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility both inside and outside of Cox.
- A strong professional industry network (operators, investors, entrepreneurs, etc.).
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Willing to travel up to 50% in North America
- At Cox, the creativity, diversity and entrepreneurial spirit of our employees is a big part of what makes this company so great.
- At Cox Conserves, we are rigorously pursuing our goal to act now, be bold and stay true to our beliefs in sustainability.
- Cox believes that a job should be more than just a way to make a living. When we make people our top priority, then strong performance simply tends to follow.
- Cox helps employees chart their course while creating our future. We ensure our future growth by being bold and empowering our employees to explore new opportunities.
- Cox helps employees build additional skills and accomplish new goals through continued investment in employee career development.
- Cox dispels the myth that big companies can’t innovate. The Cox Innovation Fund was created in eight days, from idea to implementation.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing