Tax & Compliance InternJob ID 181731 Date posted 01/26/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Employment tax and garnishment administration.
- Learn how to comprehend and administer withholding orders. Interpret legal directions and apply as ordered.
- Learn about and participate in regulatory compliance. Research current state and participate in corrective action or improvements.
- Research and learn about tax claims by jurisdictions (notices and tracers). Learn how to address and work through conclusion.
- Learn complex employment tax remediation techniques and processes.
- Assist with technical tax research and ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Learn scope of tax and compliance responsibilities by researching W2c requests and other service case topics.
- Learn related system query logic.
- Minimum 90 total credits
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
- Preferred completion of Human Resource Administration classes
- Preferred completion of Accounting classes
- Preferred exposure to, or understanding of, payroll concepts and taxation
- Unofficial Transcript
- Subject to a background check
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Intern/Co-op
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing