Senior ERP Application Analyst- PeopleSoftJob ID 181699 Date posted 02/08/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Enterprises is seeking a Senior ERP Application Analyst (Sr. App Analyst) who is an IT professional whose skills, experience and in-depth understanding of the ERP and other business application’s functionality, capabilities, tables and development tools allow this role to provide the project team with detailed functional and technical design recommendations for configurations and customizations of the ERP or other business applications. In this role, the analyst must be able to interact with business clients, schedule and facilitate meetings, document business needs and translate them into a system solution and/or process, both from a functional and technical standpoint. The Sr. App Analyst will consult with the development, testing, and training groups on application requirements, and ensure that each group has the business and technical information they need to produce deliverables.
The Senior ERP Applications Analyst will research industry trends to support goals and objectives within enterprise-wide applications, as directed. The Sr. App Analyst will be responsible for participating in vendor contract negotiations for applications, analyzing ERP or other applications and determining the technical issues that involve coding, system performance, infrastructure impacts, and other advanced technical concerns. The analyst in this role may also be called upon to perform sub-project management tasks on smaller IT projects.
- Plan for, participate in and lead requirements definition sessions, planning sessions, status meetings, and issue resolution sessions.
- Facilitate meetings with client representatives to identify and create functional requirements.
- Facilitate meetings with Development Team to document technical design requirements.
- Meet with other members of CIS to review completed functional specifications, technical specifications and customizations.
- Perform systems analysis and design activities.
- Determine and resolve application and program problems.
- Assist in the creation and review of test scripts.
- Advise and assist other ERP Application Analysts in areas of special knowledge, i.e. – Crystal Reports, HR, Benefits, Payroll, etc...
- Document meeting minutes, action items, and issues as assigned by the project manager.
- Escalate priority issues to project managers and/or lead application analysts.
- Requires little to no assistance in designing custom applications, interfaces, entity relationship diagrams (ERDs), scripts, and in understanding the corporate enterprise structure and its impact on applications.
- Participates in vendor contract negotiations by providing comments for such documents as Master Service Agreement, Service Level Agreement, Technical Hosting Descriptions, and other contractual documents.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to indicate all responsibilities, duties, and skills for which a job holder may be held accountable, and may in some cases only represent a portion of those shown.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field of study, OR equivalent work experience
- Requires minimum of 5 years’ professional experience. 3 plus years in general application implementation, support, and development experience, preferably in a client-server environment.
- Strong analysis skills that have been proven in an application development / ERP implementation environment.
- Proven ability to work at the direction of a lead person, but must have demonstrated self initiative and leadership skills.
- Ability to identify and understand problems and/or issues and develop solutions.
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines.
- Interest in developing knowledge around specific business areas, and how systems can be used to solve business problems in those business areas.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Relevant industry knowledge of widely used systems and subsystems.
- Ability to manage sub-project tasks, deliverables, and milestones.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to mid-level management.
- Experience negotiating with vendor contacts regarding contract negotiations and software selections.
- Understanding of the Systems Implementation Life Cycle.
- Proven ability to perform advanced SQL and application specific query skills, use MS Office Suite of products, including MS VISIO and MS Project.
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP capabilities, tables and development tools.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Lead Software Engineer Atlanta, Georgia
- Business Analyst II- Pega Atlanta, Georgia
- Software Engineer II Atlanta, Georgia
- Senior ICOMS Billing Operations and Support Services (IBOSS) Technical Analyst Atlanta, Georgia