Litigation ParalegalJob ID 183000 Date posted 02/14/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Enterprises is seeking a Litigation Paralegal who will support the Litigation Center of Excellence (COE) and its litigation and eDiscovery services. The Center of Excellence serves Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries Cox Communications, Cox Automotive, and Cox Media Group.
The paralegal will play a critical role supporting the COE’s processes and projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- coordinating with business clients, third-parties and law enforcement to respond to high volume third-party discovery requests
- review and transmittal of service of process
- assistance with legal holds and evidence collection
- working with Risk Management to tender matters
- discovery tasks in complex litigation, including deposition coordination, witness interviews, and written discovery
- analyzing and resolving small claims
- drafting settlement agreements
- support the annual audit process
- working with e-billing issues
- developing and maintaining dashboards, metrics and reports.
The position will also support key initiatives of the COE and the Legal Department, as directed
- Must be capable of handling a substantial amount of work in a large, fast-paced, dynamic and diverse corporate environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Must apply high degree of accuracy and exhibit excellent organizational skills. We are looking for a flexible team player who is professional and customer-service focused at all times.
- Four-year undergraduate degree and or a paralegal certificate from an ABA-accredited program
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a litigation paralegal in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable using, and learning how to use, legal technology and databases
- Experience handling a high volume of subpoena responses and government requests for information and civil investigative demands
- Proven ability to work well with others and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities; manages time well
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change
- Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress; remains composed and productive under pressure/stress
- Proven ability to deliver innovative solutions
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Creative and critical thinker and problem solver who is not afraid to challenge status quo.
- Highly skilled in MS Access, CounselLink, On-it and other reporting tools
- Proficient in e-discovery databases such as Relativity
- In-house legal experience is a plus.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing