Senior Tax SpecialistJob ID 183520 Date posted 02/23/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Enterprises is seeking a Senior Tax Specialist to join our Team!
- Serve as the point of contact for a line of business (division) within the tax department
- Prepare federal, multi-state and unitary corporation returns and supporting workpapers
- Prepare federal and state partnership returns and supporting workpapers
- Prepare divisional subconsolidation returns
- Research applicable laws and regulations/generate supporting documentation for issues raised during tax return preparation
- Research newly enacted and proposed legislation for potential impact on the company’s financial position and potential tax savings opportunities
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions
- Prepare quarterly taxable income projections
- Prepare annual franchise and income tax budgets
- Identify and explain Provision to Return differences
- Establish/maintain relationships with the locations to facilitate the tax department’s information gathering process and the resolution of the locations’ tax issues
- Work on various divisional and departmental projects as needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and tax return preparation software (OneSource)
- Strong analytical, technical, written and oral communications skills
- Ability to lead, manage and prioritize multiple assignments and projects; resolve complex tax issues, and consistently deliver a thorough and accurate work product with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated performance as a team player, highly motivated and a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 Years of experience in tax
- CPA/Master degree and Big 4 experience preferred
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing