Senior ParalegalJob ID 183599 Date posted 02/23/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Enterprises is seeking a Senior Paralegal who will be responsible for supporting the delivery of legal services to business professionals across the Cox Media Group (CMG) organization. Support will focus primarily on commercial contracts, requiring management of the tools for intake and review of contract requests, coordination with in-house and outside counsel on legal review, and communication with internal clients regarding contract status. Support will also extend to regulatory matters, including assistance with preparation and dissemination of training materials, monitoring of FCC proceedings and activity, and assistance with FCC filings as needed.
Facilitate application of contract review procedures, and integrate with contract management system, refining processes as necessary to provide optimal client support. Provide support on regulatory actions and related compliance activities.
- Coordinate review of legal contracts, collaborating with various business stakeholders including Procurement/Supply Chain on all vendor/purchasing agreements, CIS on data security matters, and Risk Management on insurance and other protections
- Assist with preparation, review, evaluation and editing of contracts
- Assist with development of and business utilization of contract templates and standard provisions; assist clients in customization and use
- Assist with review of regulatory dockets and development of processes for communicating key regulatory developments
- Assist in developing and implementing training materials and programs for operational and regulatory matters
- Assist with collection and preparation of information and materials for regulatory filings, driving legal cost-efficiencies where feasible
- Coordinate and communicate with cross functional teams, including internal and outside counsel, on operational and regulatory matters.
- Support the development and utilization of Legal Department processes in areas including matter management, contract management, invoice review, and project management.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Paralegal supporting commercial contract work; regulatory work is a bonus
- Paralegal certificate from ABA approved program preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong consultative and solution oriented mindset, treating each client and business partner as a preferred customer
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to navigate complex organizations, and develop and maintain strong working relationships with diverse group of clients and business partners
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies in high pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Creative and critical thinker and problem solver who is not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Prior corporate paralegal experience in legal department of large company or law firm preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing