Network EngineerJob ID 183720 Date posted 02/28/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Perform or assist in the design, configuration, installation and implementation of data, voice, and video network infrastructure with limited supervision.
- Provide level 3 afterhours on-call network infrastructure support
- Meet and coordinate with internal business customers to determine requirements and provide subject matter expertise in the development of technical solutions.
- Participate in technical discussions involving network infrastructure Move, Add, Changes and Deletes (MACd’s)
- Participate in Change process - planning, approval, and implementation
- Develop and maintain network technology diagrams, projects, standards and procedure documents
- Perform or assist in assigned researches of next generation network technologies and trends
- Maintain oversight of internal network access control systems to ensure appropriate access levels are maintained
- Maintain oversight of assigned NMS tools to ensure 365 x 24/7 monitoring and tracking of all network infrastructure device.
- BS in Technology-related field, or equivalent work or military experience
- Certification: CCNA required, CCNP and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5 years of progressive experience with internetworking equipment
- Must possess proven ability as a member of an engineering support team and can communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work in teams and independently in a fast paced, highly dynamic work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Current working experience with Cisco Unified Data Center Fabric Technology: 5k ,7k and 9k.
- Current working experience with Cisco Integrated and Advanced Services Routers: 2800/2900/3900/7200/1000
- Current working experience with Cisco Catalyst Switch platform: 2900/3700/3800/4500/6500
- Current working experience with Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN)
- Working experience with current network technology: MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, VDC, EvPC, vPC, Cisco FabricPath, OTV, Rapid Spanning-Tree (RSTP)/ Spanning-Tree (STP), Virtual Route Forwarders (VRF), QoS, CoS, etc.
- Current working experience with at least one of the following network management tools, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Lucent Vital Suite and CiscoWorks a plus
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP and IPV4
- Good working experience with ad hoc troubleshooting tools and wire shark
- Security knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Potentially 15% or more overnight travel
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-7000 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Lead Software Engineer Atlanta, Georgia
- Business Analyst II- Pega Atlanta, Georgia
- Software Engineer II Atlanta, Georgia
- Senior ICOMS Billing Operations and Support Services (IBOSS) Technical Analyst Atlanta, Georgia