Software EngineerJob ID 184246 Date posted 03/07/2018 Location: Redwood City, California Apply
Cox Comet LLC, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises is a digital media services company who is seeking a software engineer to develop an application that enables the ability to discover any performance issue that related to impression traffic and revenue.
The ideal candidate understands the “real time bidding (RTB)” advertising business and enjoys contributing ideas and concepts to enhance existing system.
- Develop the alerting and monitoring system to discover any unusual traffic (like invalid traffic) and revenue impact issue.
- Complete the ad-hoc request in timely manner; like generate a one-time special report
- Proficient in Hadoop, SPARK, Python, MS SQL, SSAS, C++ and C#.
- Analyze the system performance and identify any potential issue from the log files based on the information from alerting and monitoring system.
- Provide the support to finance and account team for any ad-hoc request.
- Act as a product/data expert and point of contact for several cross-functional groups within the organization.
- B. S. in computer science
- 6+ years in software development in advertising industry.
- Understand the ad-tech used in “real time bidding” advertising business.
- Self-motivator who is willing to take ownership of a product.
- Highly analytic, data driven and detail oriented.
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred.
- Strong communicator
- Product minded (constantly thinking of innovation and improvements from users’ perspective).
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-CA-Redwood City-1001 Marshall St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing