Senior Director, Strategy & Corporate DevelopmentJob ID 184574 Date posted 03/12/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
The Senior Director, Strategy and Corporate Development supports the development of new growth strategy for Cox Enterprises including strategic analysis, corporate development and new growth activities, leveraging resources across the enterprise for long-term growth. The Sr. Director will help lead long term corporate and portfolio strategy development for Cox Enterprises, developing strategic analysis and perspectives on technology, consumer, and industry trends that may have broad impact or opportunity for Cox. They will collaborate with peers across the organization to build a robust strategy framework for Cox Enterprises and to support smart decisions about where to play and how to win. They will partner with CEI’s subsidiary divisions to coordinate or assist, as appropriate, on strategic initiatives, transactions or incubations.
• Identifies, leads and manages strategic assessments on technology, consumer, and industry trends that may have broad impact or opportunity for Cox
• Identifies, leads and manages strategic assessments of potential business opportunities.
• Provides thought leadership and serves as a catalyst for strategic discussions and decision-making to develop options for long term growth.
• Works closely with a cross-functional team including CEI senior leadership and subsidiary division leaders to develop a consensus around, and support for, strategies that impact Cox.
• Evaluates investment opportunities that align with strategy or are deemed critical to company’s success to further enhance long-term viability of leading-edge technologies, products or services.
• Provide proactive leadership in researching market, product, competitive, and technology trends to enhance Cox’s strategic options.
• Identifies, evaluates, recommends and executes acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, investments and internal start-ups to support the company's strategic goals.
• Performs on-going analysis of trends & conduct broad strategic assessment of growth initiatives for CEI
• Develops business, financial, and operational plans for new business opportunitiesQualifications
• 15 years related experience; corporate strategy, consulting, private equity, M&A
• Extensive business development experience, including ideation, strategy development, , execution and commercialization
• Technology, Media, Telecom, or Entertainment experience preferred
• Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills are required in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate, lead and facilitate strategy discussions across the organization
• Leadership of cross functional teams, matrix management, project management and success in collaborating across the organization
• Experience in start-up businesses and/or end-to-end new product development experience, with entrepreneurial spirit
• MBA, or equivalent and at least 15 years related experience
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Executive
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Part Time Block Clerk Atlanta, Georgia
- Commercial Accounts Supervisor Atlanta, Georgia
- Principal Ad Ops Audience Irvine, California, Burlington, Iowa, Kansas City, Missouri, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Miami, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Denver, Colorado, Louisville, Kentucky, New Orleans, Louisiana, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Boston, Massachusetts, Phoenix, Arizona, Las Vegas, Nevada, New York, New York, Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, Dallas, Texas, Burlington, Vermont, Milwaukee, Wisconsin