Reporting to the Manager or Supervisor of the National Service Assurance Managed Services (SAMS) team, the CB Service Assurance Support Technician II is an integral part of a 24x7x365 operational environment. He/she provides advanced, directly customer/vendor-facing technical expertise to pro-actively identify and address Cox Business (CB) customers’ technical issues, including fulfillment, system monitoring, incident handling, and issue resolution for complex services. In addition, he/she will provide advanced support to internal Cox teams such as CB Customer Care, CB Field Services, and other CB teams as a point of escalation.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong history of technical support and customer communication experience in one or more of the following service segments: Networking Services (notably SD-WAN), managed services (notably Managed Router/Security and/or Managed Wi-Fi), and general support for complex services. The incumbent will display expertise and advanced knowledge in the repair, restoration and future prevention of escalated issues by adhering to prescribed service level targets.
The technician will engage with Cox’s Tier 1 customer facing teams, Tier 2 Network Operations Centers and Tier 3 and 4 Dev Ops and Engineering teams to ensure issue resolution, transaction reduction, and continuous improvement. As required, he/she will compose technical documentation and Methods of Operations Procedures (MOPs).
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensures best-in-class customer experience for designated managed (or other) services.
- Proactively engages CB customers when issues are identified and effectively drives to resolution.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Troubleshoots and resolves single customer escalations from internal Cox teams such as: CB Field Services, CB Customer Care, and business partners.
- Drives the resolution of single customer/user issues, serving as a technical lead for troubleshooting and incident management.
- Troubleshoots and resolves operational issues between customer/vendor equipment and CPE (Cox Premise Equipment).
- Manages high profile/VIP internal and external customer escalations expeditiously.
- Conducts product and services health checks, producing reports and escalating per process.
- Performs service validations based on product, service, or application functionality and operational use.
- Identifies and correlates patterns in user and customer reported issues, engaging appropriate fix agents to mitigate further impacts.
- Identifies platform impacting issues and partners with Tier 3 support teams and development to implement and test fixes and resolutions.
- Works with boundary partners to identify support requirements for troubleshooting and escalation for single user/customer support of new products, services and applications.
- Adheres to defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), providing analysis and feedback from a team perspective.
- Prepares trending analysis to help provide solutions for enhanced efficiency and continuous operational improvements.
- Provides 24/7 support for all assigned applications or services, either on a designated shift assignment or by participating in stand-by or “on call” status to support customers after normal business hours.
- Partners with and enables Tier 1 by providing or updating tools, support solutions, coaching, training and associated documentation.
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them.
- Correlates communication of impacting events to Tier 1 partners and field front line leadership.
- Represents single customer/user during Post Incident Reviews (PIRs) for service impacting events.
- Opens and manages vendor support cases through resolution.
- Employs work standards including quality control at the front of every transaction, focusing on reducing service volume through a pro-active approach to problem isolation and repair and the ability to maintain productivity without immediate supervision.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies.
- 3+ years of experience in related area of responsibility or equivalent degree/certification
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Strong written, oral, problem solving, presentation, and collaborative skills, along with the ability to translate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated skill in data analysis techniques as evidenced by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data
- Ability to apply product, industry, professional, and technical knowledge
- Recognized subject matter expert concerning problems that have a direct and significant impact on business programs and results
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to face challenges in a fast-paced environment within a customer experience-focused operations organization.
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies, understanding technical business support principles and sharing insights with others in the organization
- Productive professional contributor, working independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments that have direct impact on department and area results
- Strong knowledge of IT, telecommunications service delivery, and operational service assurance
- Ability to think through the lifecycle of development and end-to-end processes in order to create new and innovative techniques that seek to promote end-user efficiencies
- Familiarity with Event/Incident/Problem/Change Management processes in MSO environment
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area
- Service provider experience
- Understanding of many of the following:
- Networking services (i.e., Ethernet, IP-VPN, and particularly SD-WAN), Internet services (DOCSIS/HFC, GPON/Fiber, MPLS/Fiber), Managed Services (i.e., Managed Router and Security, Managed Wi-Fi, etc.) Virtualization concepts and technologies (i.e., VMWare)
- TCP/IP and related internet protocols such as: DNS, SIP, MCGP/NCS, POP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, and SSH. IPV6 is a plus.
- Server applications and AS/400, basic understanding of the Network Layer 2 and layer 3 of the OSI Model
- UNIX/Linux, HTML, XML, SQL, and OBIEE
- VOIP, Telephony Switching, IP Network, SS7, CISCO IOS, Adtran, Polycom, and Wi-Fi platforms
- CPE, Entitlements, MOCA, RF, DOCSIS, QAM, MPEG, Levels, HFC, Premise Engineering
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.