The Agent Channel Manager is responsible for managing external Selling Agent relationships within specified geographic areas (systems). Responsible for territory sales and quotas monthly through Agent sales channels. The ACM responsibilities include training, initiating promotional activities, auditing, proposals, pricing, order entry and verifying agent compensation and the distribution of promotional product collateral materials.
• Implements channel programs and policies as directed by corporate leadership
• Recruits, approves, and manages Agents
• Build and maintain relationships with channel partners to create more revenue generating opportunities
• Responsible for territory sales volume and quota monthly through Agent sales channels
• Provides weekly sales forecasting to leadership
• Expected to meet a monthly sales quota(s) as set by leadership.
• Responsible for interfacing with assigned agent for the purpose of growing the business relationship and achieving the budgeted sales volumes
• Manages channel portfolio effectively to avoid potential conflicts with other sales team members
• Efficiently identify appropriate Account Executive to close sales leads that referral agents generate (when applicable)
• Continually educates and trains Agents on Cox Business products and services
• Coordinate with corporate trainers to provide specific product training to Agents
• Meeting with Agents to align business goals between the Agent and Cox Business, and establishing plans of action for the Agent to achieve those goals
• Manages defined revenue and volume objectives for each Agent
• Agent Channel Manager works to ensure effective implementation of the company strategies and tactics designed to obtain goals and objectives
• Monitors key sales operational tactics and metrics
• Provides monthly/quarterly status reports of the success of the Agent program to leadership, upper management, and VPs
• Attend monthly meetings, and provide reports, to Agents on their success and progress.
• Ensures customer satisfaction through timely installation of products/services sold by Selling Agents
• Responds to Agent inquiries regarding installation timeliness and related issues
• Assists Selling Agents with opportunities by providing support, pricing, proposals and order entry. Will also support renewal opportunities that the selling agent is supporting.
• Acts as a point of contact for Agents’ to field all questions and concerns
• Ensures rate sheets are updated for products and services in compliance with corporate/regional guidelines
• Utilizes standard Agent Agreements, ensuring their financial soundness
• Tracks Agent Agreements to expiration, ensuring compliance and determining whether Agents should be renewed at the end of the Agreement period
• Coordinates commission payments to Agents, ensuring that they are in concurrence with Agent Agreements
• Provides marketing materials and messages provided to Agents, and ensures that Agent actions include and/or correspond with corporate/regional marketing materials and messages
• Communicates rate changes to Selling Agents, ensuring that they include and/or correspond with corporate/regional messages and prices
• Establishes and manages prospecting activities and tracking systems
• Coordinating and managing Agents who provide named accounts and new logos
• Follows set standards and procedures set by Cox Business Services Atlanta
• Performs other related duties as assigned by leadership.
• 5 years of experience in a related field (Marketing, Sales, Operations, etc.)
• Requires computer literacy and strong/expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
• Excellent interpersonal, managerial, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams and leadership throughout the organization
Preferred, but not required
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• At least one year previous experience as a Sr AE.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.