Does the opportunity to create meaningful connections that build trust in the Cox brand excite you? Are you fanatical in your pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement? Then this job is for you. You’ll work as part of a diverse and dynamic team to create a variety of communications, events and initiatives, assess new opportunities and innovate solutions to drive business success.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Build and implement multi-faceted communications and event project plans for a variety of internal and external audiences ensuring alignment with Cox brand image and voice
• Write and edit communications, to include print, online/intranet and social
• Develop and produce multimedia communications, including podcasts and videos
• Plan, develop and implement meetings and events (streamed and in-person)
• Craft executive communications, including speeches/talking points, ghostwriting, media releases/statements and position papers
• Develop communications plans, messages, tools and training to help leaders communicate effectively
• Assist with programs to raise product and competitive awareness and confidence in Cox as a leader in technology and experience
• Support company-sponsored community engagements, including internal and external outreach events and volunteering
• Manage contests, ticket distributions other engagement activities
• Evaluate communications programs and create / implement strategies for improvement
• Participate in region business continuity process and structure by providing communications during business impacting events, such as inclement weather
• Advance the Cox brand with internal and external audiences
• Serve as Government & Public Affairs liaison to key internal boundary partner organizations and at times provide boundary partner communications support as warranted
• Collaborate with peers across the company to ensure message and strategy alignment
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Communications, Public Relations, etc.); 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Must have very strong written, oral communications and copy/editing skills, and the ability to demonstrate those during the interview process.
- Must have some knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Must be familiar with the use of technology for internal communications, including employee intranets, collaborative networks and other electronic tools and must consider consistently the best utility for each.
- Must be able to work in a changing environment.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Communications, Journalism, etc.).
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Prefer certification in <list certifications or delete statement>
- Agency and previous corporate experience working in a similar capacity are a plus.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.