Cox Business is more than part of a cable company – we are a technology solutions leader. In addition to offering phone, internet, TV and security services for businesses, we also consult with companies of all sizes to provide managed network services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosting services and other emerging technology solutions.
The Sales Internship position is designed to prepare an aspiring sales professional, with a positive outlook and attitude, for a rewarding and long-term career with Cox Business, in a very positive and engaging environment. This position will be based in Oklahoma City.
· Join a highly accountable and results oriented team to continually drive development, professionally and personally
· Shadow tenured and experienced reps at customer meetings and internal meetings to help reduce learning curve, impact results sooner, understand processes and gather best practices
· Meet regularly with Cox Business leadership to develop individual growth plan that will allow focused approach to success
· Engage with internal boundary partners to understand the big picture and impact partnering has
· Develop a high level of working knowledge about our products, offerings and departments
· Professionally represent Cox Business in the community
· Generate new business leads for account executives by prospecting and making cold calls to help them achieve and exceed sales goals
· Help create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close negotiations
Attributes/Skills we seek:
· Strong desire to learn
· Customer focused attitude; strong people and customer skills
· Self-motivation and accountability
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, using the Internet
- Currently enrolled in a related degree program such as Marketing, Management, Sales, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Innovation
- All candidates must submit a resume, participate in an interview, and successfully pass a background check and drug screening
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.