This role is responsible for developing and managing an effective marketing organization and partnering cross-functionally to deliver best-in-class sales and customer support. The candidate leads the product marketing team in the local market with resources focused on SMB Voice, SMB Data & Video, Enterprise Communications, and Managed/Hosted Services.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Serves as the integrator across all marketing functions in a specific geographic region. Is responsible for meeting revenue and subscriber targets in that geography.
- Leads and collaborates with product marketing team and cross-functional partners in the development and maintenance of local offer strategies, including developing and communicating product applications for sales teams, defining feature and benefits, analyzing local market product trends, and supporting general sales (sales calls and RFP support).
- Directs and oversees team of product marketing managers who are responsible for attainment of regional product line performance to include units, ARPU, and churn. Directs execution of center-developed pricing strategy in a geographic region. Provides feedback to center on competitive marketing and strategic product needs.
- Directs market level project management for all product implementation and launch activities in the local market, and provides oversight of product catalog and interfaces to all IT systems.
- Directs market level Customer Training & Education efforts designed to provide customer education for new and existing products across all aspects of the CB product portfolio. This includes web-based, webinar, instructor-led/on-site, implementation support/training, and other customer ready documents/user guides.
- Directs product forecasting, acquisition, retention and competitive intelligence.
- Utilizes marketing science and analysis information to ensure appropriate targeting and messaging that maximizes marketing effectiveness.
- Leads field marketing team in the local market with resources focused on:
- Executing national demand generation campaigns (digital, direct mail, email, etc.) to drive revenue growth and new acquire new customers across all CB customer segments.
- Developing and executing local campaigns in support of outbound sales efforts (eg: market expansion, sales blitzes, etc.).
- Execution of center developed segmentation strategy, development of local lead lists and other ad hoc marketing science analytical requests.
10+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.). 7+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (MS/MBA or above)
3+ years of experience in a management role
Requires strong knowledge of commonly used applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.); MBA preferred
Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.