Who we Are
Cox Media is the advertising sales division of Cox Communications, the third largest cable entertainment and broadband services provider in the country. Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses, giving Cox Media’s customers the opportunity to reach their ideal customer wherever they go.
At Cox Media, we are looking for best and the brightest people who can help us to build a unique culture and organization that is multi-national, multi-lingual and multi-cultural. If this you are self-motivated, entrepreneurial and understand how to thrive in a multi-national environment and then we should talk.
About the Role
We are seeking a seasoned Director of Product Management with deep technical knowledge of advertising systems, specifically linear addressable. The Director of PM is responsible for the development and deployment of our Cox Owned Video Advertising Strategy including Television Everywhere. This consist of planning and execution throughout the product’s lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the solution vision, and working closely with development, sales, marketing and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Essential Areas of Focus/Ownership
- Leads and drives the owned and operated product management team.
- Accountable for the completion of advertising product development, product launches, and the achievement of business objectives through planning, budgeting, resourcing, and monitoring projects. Ensures success through adequate resourcing of initiatives.
- Manage and review allocated budgets and actual spend for product development and lifecycle activities across portfolio making adjustments to budgets and forecasts as necessary for success.
- Serves as champion for advertising product portfolio to obtain necessary executive sponsorship. Directly and indirectly influences others to garner needed resources and support.
- Provides leadership, development, mentorship and business insights to advertising product development and management team. Manages owned and operated product management team.
- Oversees the identification of customer expectations and unmet needs related to advertising product and services in order to address gaps and enhance customer experience. Directs product portfolio from ideation through deployment.
- Contributes to the determination of targets, and guides team in the interpretation of metrics and underlying drivers to develop optimal recommendations.
- Informs product vision to ensure alignment with customer needs, market and competitive trends and corporate strategy.
- Develops advertising product portfolio strategic vision for Cox owned products; directs team to translate strategy into clear and defined business requirements.
- Provides oversight in the development of business cases that define the product value proposition to support product and services roadmap investments.
- Facilitates communication amongst relevant stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current product state and vision.
- Directs the optimization of operational practices and procedures to drive efficiencies.
- Monitors developments within the industry, vendor community and technology trends and considers these in light of product roadmaps. Serves as Cox representative and spokesperson at industry events.
- Leads cross-functional teams by example demonstrating passion and drive to satisfy customer needs and optimize customer experience through advertising product innovation and/or improvements to internal organization, processes and technology
- Synthesizes information to determine both current and future (years in advance) customer needs; Budget decisions; commits resources to address/balance customer needs Operates with complete latitude within operational parameters
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with executive leadership on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results Responsible for product portfolio roadmap requiring multiple year plans
- Develops, or provides guidance to develop, innovative solutions to highly complex and/or emerging technologies
What the role requires
10 or more years of experience required in Advertising or a related field
3-5 years of experience in a management role
BS/BA degree in related discipline
Demonstrate strong market knowledge with experience in advertising products, advertising technology, and addressable advertising.
Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
Skills Preferred/Nice to Have
Advanced degree (Master’s degree, etc.).
Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.