At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
Cox Media is looking for a National Sales Manager to manage the development, coordination and implementation of Cox Media’s national sales strategies and achieve the established revenue goals. This is a great opportunity to learn the national side of our business which will enhance your future career advancement.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Develops and executes business plans that support a sound strategy for growing unit rates, maximizing share of serviceable area and achieving financial objectives
• Works closely with Ampersand Media in order to educate, direct and implement sales opportunities and expectations, communicate market specific initiatives and vision
• Provides senior management with accurate weekly and quarterly revenue forecasts
• Utilizes Nielsen Media research and other recognized credible data sources to consistently negotiate accurate performance metrics thus reducing unnecessary posting
• Develops local market relationships with key decision makers in order to assess the strategic objectives of national clients, planning teams and their advertising agencies
• Organizes and plans day-to-day strategies to motivate, coach and counsel Ampersand AE’s on selling strategies, negotiations and proposals
• Collaborate effectively with internal teams including Inventory and Sales Support
• Takes full advantage of Cox training tools and techniques, job aides in order to grow and develop professionally
• Travel to Ampersand markets is estimated at 25%
• Perform other duties as required
• 3-5 years of media, cable or digital advertising sales experience
• Strong leadership, motivational and sales skills with a proven track record of success
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in an extremely fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and all levels of personnel
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Must be detail-oriented with exceptional time management skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Business or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience leading a team of 5 or more people
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.