We’re looking for a dynamic Sr. Manager, Employee and Business Communications to develop and manage large-scale internal communication strategies, support our functions and work with our business divisions. We lead by example and this role will be no different. From our origins as a single Dayton, Ohio newspaper in 1898 to today’s $21 billion a year corporation with multiple business divisions, the Cox Enterprises journey is one of change, innovation and the hard work and dedication of more than 50,000 employees around the world.
You will be charged with providing internal communications counsel and hands-on execution support to departments and their leaders. You will leverage a broad range of internal communications and project management skills to establish a trusted advisor relationship with your partners. These include strategic thinking and flawless operational and tactical execution. Is this a fast-paced environment? Yes. Is this a role for a person who enjoys working with people? Absolutely. The role requires someone who can prioritize and manage time effectively, is open to change, has a friendly can-do attitude and pays attention to detail. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Corporate Communications.
• Lead communications partner for multiple CEI departments.
• Develop plans and strategies that inform employees, inspires them to change behavior and provides them with messaging and other tools to communicate with customers, stakeholders and members of the community.
• Partner closely with assigned departments to identify communication needs and translate them into strategic, executable plans.
• Collaborate and provide strategic counsel, expertise, consultation and guidance to assigned departments.
• Partner with the Content and Channels, Executive, PR and Brand and Marketing teams to develop content as needed, including videos, presentations, branding, articles, key messages and toolkits.
• Build and maintain internal relationships within Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs team, division communicators and stakeholders across CEI.
• Ensure that communications align with organizational branding and style guidelines.
• Submit well-written creative briefs to initiate and manage projects with in-house Brand and Marketing.
• Supervise employees, freelance contractors and outside vendors, including external printers, writers and others.
• Continuously measure the effectiveness of internal communications strategies and introduce best-practices and new tactics as necessary.
• At least 12+ years of professional experience in a strategic internal communications role strongly preferred.
• Experience managing and leading a team.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as journalism, communications, English or marketing.
• Candidate must possess knowledge and understanding of communication campaign development and execution.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple companies and teams.
• Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous communications programs that require both strategic thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution.
• Strong influencing skills — enjoy leading brainstorms and project kickoffs.
• Excellent written and verbal skills and project management skills required.
• Ability to execute with speed, high level of accuracy and efficiency, attention to detail, and follow-through.
• Creative problem-solver; implements sound judgment knowing when to make independent decisions and when to collaborate.
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.