Cox Business is more than part of a cable company – we are a technology solutions leader. In addition to offering data network services for businesses, we also consult with companies of all sizes to provide managed network services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosted services, and other emerging technology solutions.
The Project Manager-Order Management I is responsible for the direction, coordination, execution, control, and completion of project management functions associated with Moderately Complex Retail Cox Business customers. This includes scope of work review, risk assessment & management, project planning, estimating, and tracking reporting, management, and internal and external customer communications.
Cox Business Moderately Complex Orders are defined as, but not limited to the following: COI (Cox Optical Internet), Copper, and Hybrid.
- The OM- PM I will manage all Moderately Complex Projects in support of Cox Business Retail customers.
- Leads smaller and/or less complex projects.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Provides project management for Cox Business service delivery process.
- Coordinates the delivery of designated Moderately Complex services with customers.
- Interface with customers and vendors to ensure the integrity of Cox solutions.
- Conduct on-site post-installation review and installation with the customer.
- Oversees and controls multiple customer projects based on schedule due date.
- Sets and manages customer expectations and project risks, managing and escalating issues and changes.
- Coordinates with vendors and POC’s for building access and install dates.
- Update the appropriate management team and stakeholders on project status.
- Communicates project requirements to other departments.
- Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change and communicating implementation status.
- Work closely with functional business divisions, vendors, and customers in defining project priorities, approach, resources requirements, and timing of deliverables.
- Obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts are meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results.
- 3+ years of experience required in the Communications Industry and/or Project Management.
- Preferred knowledge in aerial and underground utility construction and design parameters.
- Proficiency of Windows-based applications (Word, Excel, Project) and knowledge of Order Management System (OMS).
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal and written communication skills to lead and work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Business, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in a leading cross-functional leadership role preferred.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.