This role is responsible for 24x7x365 real-time monitoring & surveillance; single and multi-customer event and incident management and first line incident resolution; and initiating the incident management process during major outages.
This Technician will monitor, document and investigate incoming platform and service alarms and escalations from business partners (e.g. Customer Care, Cox Business, Field Services, Help Desk), create Trouble Tickets in accordance with existing Trouble Ticketing Guidelines, and access, troubleshoot, and remote restore issues on various platforms. This Technician will assume responsibility for reactive and proactive tasks outlined in core processes (Event Management, Incident Management, Change Management. and Knowledge Management) and collaborate with other NOCs or organizations to facilitate various tasks.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Monitor platform, network and service events, identify impact associated with events and incidents, create tickets as per Trouble Ticketing Guidelines and execute pre-defined scripts in case of alarms and incidents reported by network element management and other fault detection systems
• Monitor infrastructure traffic and performance while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction by providing services fully compliant with the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and minimizing impact on customer service
• Provide second tier, high-level technical support to field operations personnel through a working knowledge and broad background in core technologies
• Ensure accurate and timely creation, updates and completion of all trouble tickets with prompt escalation and notification of major network faults and customer impacts to appropriate escalation agents within defined Incident Management Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Manage internal phone queues to assist with live troubleshooting in accordance with defined service level agreements
• Coordinate with fix agents to perform repair and/or site maintenance based on the severity or type of event
• Re-provisions, tests, maintains, and restores some or all of the supported Network/IT equipment including core, backbone devices or critical IT applications
• Track, re-direct and escalate the workflow of incidents to subsequent support levels as needed to restore/repair incidents
• Validate restore/repair actions and clears alarms once approved
• Validate network or other infrastructure redundancy through ongoing testing as necessary
• Validate operational success of deployments and maintenances
• Perform service validations as required using documented operations procedures
• Close Trouble Tickets and provide feedback/updates to Knowledge Objects (e.g. Methods of Procedure)
• Provide feedback and recommendation for Operations Support Systems (OSS) tools improvements, process flows, event management, and correlation
• Resolve interoperability issues between customers’ hardware and Cox premise equipment
• When necessary, open cases with hardware vendors and drive for solutions within required SLAs where applicable
• Resolve incidents within defined time period, and escalate unresolved incidents to appropriate fix agent
• When necessary, ensure successful implementation of restoration/repair in the network by creating, implementing and/or supporting Enterprise Change Request (ECR) tickets according to defined Change Control procedures
• Receives work from Tier I teams, other Tier II groups (Field NOC, NTSC, etc.) and/or ticketing system and drives restoration
• Comply with established Change Management and Incident Management processes
• Identify and assist in resolving multi-customer impacting platform issues
• Adherence to applicable legal, regulatory and security policies
§ Basic knowledge of the telecom/IT network architecture, functions, IP Networking, and Telephony Switching Platforms and applied technologies
§ Basic knowledge of routing and switching
§ Ability to apply troubleshooting processes
§ Basic knowledge of relevant protocols (e.g. TCPIP, http, BGP, SIP, MCGP/NCS, SS7, DHCP, etc.)
§ Employs work standards including quality control at the front of every transaction, focus on reducing service volume through a proactive approach to problem isolation and repair, and the ability to maintain productivity without immediate supervision
§ Ability to initiate and learn independently through multiple channels (Cox U, white papers, etc.)
§ Completion of high school / GED / equivalent valued experience
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned in the 24/7 operation
- Demonstrated ability to manage Service Level objectives
- Functions on a 24-hour call-in basis, in the event of serious incidents, as required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of Cox Communications and Cox Business customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent positive customer relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent decision making skills
· Minimum of two years of experience in area of responsibility
· Ability to exercise appropriate judgment with general and/or limited supervision
· IP networking knowledge
· Performs basic technical tasks and functions
Ability to understand and interpret networking and architectural diagrams
· Basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area within this position
· Domain (e.g. transport, access, video) knowledge or degree
· Familiarity with element management systems for data and transport equipment
· Familiarity with monitoring and ticketing systems
· Familiarity with ITIL/eTOM principles
· Familiarity with Event/Incident/Problem/Change Management processes in MSO environment
· Familiarity with signaling, call flow and voice path with the following protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/RUDP, MGCP, SIP, SS7, RTP.
· Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude, ability to face the challenges in a fast-paced environment within a customer experience-focused operations organization.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.