The Manager, Client and Vertical Insights serves as a key client set and vertical expert for the Center and field locations.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Preparing leader analysis, presentations and recommendations.
• Owns the tactical maintenance and upkeep of Cox Media’s Segmentation Model
• Provides ad-hoc insights to segments, verticals and categories as requested by peer functions or senior leadership; coordinates with Sr. Director, Marketplace & Client Insights to keep the model updated with new and/or refreshed datasets
• Responsible for working with CCI partners to be accountable for all phases of assigned primary research, and working with external suppliers as needed
• Collaborates with internal clients (e.g., Product Marketing, Product Development, Sales and Pricing teams) to better understand client and/or vertical research needs and translate into clear research objectives
• Conducts desk or qualitative research on client attitudes and preferences, including product, brand, and competitor attributes, by segment or vertical
• Maintains datasets critical to delivering vertical-based insights (e.g., Polk data) with a focus on ‘enabling analytics’ initiates that make data relevant and accessible to multiple levels/functions within the organization
• Integrates critical information and translates market research and client insights into actionable plans and effective solutions
• Provides detailed and summarized reports and analyses of research and effectively communicates results to department leadership
• Successfully executes on action plans and initiatives
• Determine trends and identify opportunity to increase ROI, new acquisition and customer retention
• Prepares and distributes alerts on an as needed basis
• Prepares market-level market share and segment/category/vertical forecasts
• Prepares ad hoc competitive and peer presentations including implications to client or vertical
• Works with Strategy and Product teams on projects analyzing Industry trends and change
• 6 + year’s experience in related discipline with experience in segmentation or customer data-sets
• Experience with K-Means Clustering techniques, R code and other segmentation and statistical model evaluation
• BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Analytics.
• MBA preferred
• Industry – vertical or client-insight experience preferred
• Strong analytical background and financial experience/acumen
• Ability to build/maintain collaborative working relationships
• Persuasive communication skills and the ability to influence others
• Strong Writing Skills
• Ability to prepare leader-level presentations
• Information monitoring and research skills
• Managing work autonomously (includes time management)
• Strategic decision making
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.