Cox Communications is looking for a Cox Business Lead Technical Analyst who will become a Subject Matter Expert and develop and coordinate all Analysis related activities and deliverables for a team of Business Analyst consultants that are focused on Cox Business Products and Digital Self Service solutions, adhering to Analysis standards and best practices. The Lead Technical Analyst understands the business/project needs and collaborates with a cross functional team within Technology and Business (i.e. Business/Product Owners, Development, QA, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and design teams) to validate business requirements and determine impacts on existing applications, systems, and databases. The Lead Technical Analyst Lead works closely with other members of the technical teams to ensure all functional and non-functional requirements are addressed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Leads and coaches a team of business analyst consultants that facilitate the creation of Business Requirements following a traditional approach, or using the Business Process and Analysis (BPA) methodology as determined by the project sponsor
• Becomes the Subject Matter Expert for several Cox Business capabilities and services
• Works with a cross functional teams of Technical Analysts, Quality Analysts, and Developers to interpret customer and business requirements and translate them into integration, application, and system test scenarios.
• Engages and participates in project/application requirement sessions in order to ensure technical requirements are clearly documented.
• May work closely with business and boundary partners to support application lifecycle from development through implementation.
• Communicates technical and business aspects of work efforts between team members.
• Develops technical documentation, processes, installation procedures and service guides, application training information and may assist in the development of end-to-end documentation for various projects and supported products/applications
• Leads peer reviews of requirement documentation.
• Reviews vendor documents as appropriate including detailed functional specifications, and file and field layouts and determines if vendor solutions meet Cox requirements.
• Develops measurements and reports on key service-level metrics.
• Possesses a clear understanding of the architecture standards, a high-level understanding of the business, and a deep understanding of respective domain architectures (business, information, application, technology)
• Depicts the enterprise information conceptually, logically and physically
This leader will coach and lead a team of business analyst consultants who are performing the following responsibilities:
• Manage Scoring (approving) and Claiming processes with Business and Technology stakeholders to review and refine business requirements and use cases to ensure they are clear, concise and traceable; and to ensure business requirements will be satisfied by the appropriate teams / applications.
• Identify project stakeholders, risks and benefits of alternate designs; document assumptions; assess project impact of system changes to users, internal and external customers
• Develop System Requirements (SRQs), including process flows and use cases
• Conduct SRQ reviews with project stakeholders and document consumers to ensure completeness and adherence to business requirements
• Consult with internal customers, cross-functional team members and external vendors to capture agreed-upon business objectives and processes to define system requirements
• Update and map SRQs to Business Requirements in the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Review Architecture, Engineering and Application Development designs and QA / UAT test plans to ensure requirements are met and the RTM is updated as required
• Provide BA support for software testing and debugging plans to ensure requirements are met
• Provide status reporting for project progress, issues, dependencies and risks
• Proactive and avoids costly risks by providing optimal solutions
• Maintains an awareness of industry standards and advances knowledge base of functional areas.
• Serves as primary consultant to business owners for solutions in lieu of external consultation
• Participates and provides input in business strategy & portfolio level discussions
• Knowledge of the business is deep in more than one functional area with broad understanding of most functional areas.
• Knowledge sharing and mentoring of lower level team members is expected
• Sphere of relationship and influence is with all levels of the organization
• Identifies risks/pitfalls and articulates possible options
• Provides guidance to business and is considered a go to person for the business function
• Participates in vendor demonstrations, evaluations, and selection: may respond to RFP
• Facilitates meetings
• 8+ years of experience in related field (i.e. Business or Technical Analysis, Architecture, Development, Project Management, etc.) OR generally 5+ years of experience in related field if candidate has an advanced degree
• Understanding of Voice Switching Technologies and previous work history within developing and/or analyzing solutions utilizing technologies such as IMS and Unified Communications
• 5+ years working with a geographically diverse team of consultants
• Recognized subject matter expert. Concerned with problems that have a direct and important effect on business programs and results. Routinely called upon to apply/demonstrate mastery of existing and emerging technologies, practices, and processes. May direct major projects or programs with significant business impact within department, functional area
• Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field. Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or within department problems. Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes
• Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent provoking original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty
• Possesses extensive knowledge in primary discipline or technical/ scientific area. State-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices. Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical), rather than managing people
• Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems. Cross-department considerations are often present. May provide oversight to employees’ professional development, but does not have unilateral hiring or firing authority. May oversee the completion of projects or assignments, including planning, assigning, and reviewing.
• May participate in industry events and be a representative on an industry-wide committee Internally recognized for knowledge and expertise in certain technical domains. May contributed to external publications, author or co-author patents, periodic contributions to the technical community body of knowledge, etc.
• Applies innovative solutions to problems
• Occasionally contributes to the development of long-term strategy for specific functional areas
• Displays the ability to influence despite not having direct reporting relationships.
• Displays a high level of technical and organizational critical thinking and analysis, and the ability to strategize and look ahead at the big picture.
• Displays good communication and negotiation skills both horizontally and vertically.
• Comfortable working in a highly matrixed organization.
• Should be a self-starter, and should require little following up to get things done.
• Possesses good listening skills and articulates in ways that are understood by the listener.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline (i.e. software engineering, computer science, or similar)
• 8+ years direct experience in Business Analysis and/or Technical Analyst roles.
• Working knowledge of Agile, Waterfall, and DevOps methodology standards, tools, and disciplines
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.