The Cox Business Inside Retention Representative retains valuable small to medium business customers for Cox Business by minimizing controllable churn and capturing upselling opportunities. Manages the base of revenue by proactively contacting customers within 3-6 months of contract expiration for renewal and upsell. Responds to calls from existing customers and prevents them from disconnecting services. Sells non-complex bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video products and features as an up-sell to current customers.
Works independently with little supervision. Spends the majority of work time talking on the telephone with customers. Handles calls from dissatisfied customers. Limited physical mobility; sit at their positions and take or make calls. The pace of work fluctuates. Individual success is dependent on high degree of internal collaboration and development of internal relationships required to resolve customer problems. Meets or exceeds corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales organization. Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry. Work is structured, measured and monitored.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Answers inbound customer controllable disconnect calls, and controllable disconnect calls escalated from residential call center departments. Engages in save activities on requests for disconnection, by resolving problems or offering incentives, credit, and other offers.
• Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of customer referral program.
• Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of new products/services or upsell them on enhanced packages.
• Manages the base of revenue by proactively contacts customers 3-6 months of contract expire for renewal and upsell.
• Listens to and questions customers in order to understand their businesses’ communication needs, troubleshoot and resolve sources of service, pricing and technical problems.
• Works with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
• Refers complex problems to other departments for resolution.
• Makes win back offers of credits, free repairs, and discounts according to company guidelines.
• Negotiates penalties with clients to obtain at least the company specified minimum penalty payment.
• Up-sells bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
• Develops proposals and presentations for add-on products/services purchased by previously acquired CB customers.
• Negotiates pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with clients.
• Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
• Determines serviceability of client location and whether construction is required; if so, obtains construction estimate and uses market’s software to test IRR of proposed services.
• Performs any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time periods, pro-rations, or competitive pricing comparisons.
• Educates customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
• Works with Sales Support Administration to complete sales orders.
• Tracks orders and serves as a point of contact for client throughout sales and installation process. Keeps customers informed of installation progress and problems.
• Maintains client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
• Updates OPTIX (sales funnel/order generation) with all required customer information in a timely fashion.
• Provides customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing department.
• Produces win/loss reports for the Sales Manager.
• Performs ROI assessment to determine if a sale is profitable, and forwards as appropriate, to Manager of Inside for approval.
• Remains current on technical information regarding Cox Business’s services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultation, negotiation and sales skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
• Spends the majority of work time talking on the telephone with customers. Handles calls from dissatisfied customers. Limited physical mobility; sit at their positions and take or make calls.
• Individual success is dependent on high degree of internal collaboration and development of internal relationships required to resolve customer problems.
• Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry.