Cox Communications is looking for a Lead Enterprise Endpoint Architect (Microsoft Modern Management) who will set an enterprise endpoint architecture that spans on-prem and cloud strategy leading the unified endpoint management strategy (Windows/Mobile devices)
You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of various on premises, cloud based, and hybrid resources specifically on Microsoft Azure.
The candidate must have prior experience formulating, planning, and implementing a cloud connected endpoint strategy. As such, the candidate must be able to outline why an endpoint strategy is needed, how to innovate, and how to identify and prioritize application candidates.
The Lead Enterprise Endpoint Architect must be familiar with the current state of cloud endpoint technology and mobile best practices In addition, this individual must have working knowledge of mobile development standards, be able to identify a landscape of mobile vendors (MDM,MAM, MADPs, etc.), and be familiar with the deployment of mobile applications across platforms.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• As an endpoint architect on our team, you’ll design a secure, on-prem/cloud based endpoint architecture to help support end user operations and journeys across various endpoints – on PC/Windows 10 and mobile endpoints that meets user needs and takes advantage of cloud endpoint capabilities
• Assess, architect, design, and implement Mobility, MDM, and end user computing management solutions with a variety of tablets, smart phones, desktops and laptops
• Develop, implement, and own technology standards for both mobile/PC hardware and software, which includes standards for estimating, architecture, development platform, design, development, testing and deployment
• Drive an architecture to enable remote access and BYOD strategy across endpoints
• Serve as a trusted adviser to business stakeholders by understanding core processes and priorities and then leveraging that knowledge to determine how various cloud endpoint capabilities can best enhance the stakeholders’ working experience
• Contribute to and review solution design documents to ensure innovation, security, and business requirements are met while also keeping a keen eye on improving the Cox employees’ experience with endpoint technology
• Collaborate with internal partners or vendor teams as needed (e.g. technology, architecture, information security, network, identity management)
• Apply knowledge of MDM solutions and interaction with MAS solutions, Exchange and Exchange ActiveSync, and communications with a mobile device – PC/cellular device
• Apply knowledge of mobile communications engineering architectures across many mobile technologies, IT standards, and applications and work closely with related mobility vendors to resolve technical issues
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities and conferences, and reading professional publications
• Mentor other members of the team on enterprise cloud endpoint methodologies
• Manage the endpoint user digital experience
• 8+ years of experience in related field (i.e. enterprise mobility technologies, cloud architecture, implementations, etc.) OR 5+ years of experience in related field if candidate has an advanced degree
• Experience with Microsoft Intune device enrollment, monitoring and management of devices
• Experience in integrating Intune with other mobile device management solutions, including Airwatch, Blackberry UEM, and Mobile Iron
• Knowledge of Intune app protection policies independent of mobile-device management (MDM) solution
• Knowledge of Azure AD, including conditional access to control access, features, and functionality
• Experience with managing Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), formerly System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage large numbers of Windows based computers
• 4+ years of experience with PC/mobility architecture and OS platforms including Windows, iOS and Android
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise mobility technologies and implementations including MDM, MAM, Security and App Stores along with back end infrastructure, including active directory, exchange, remote network access, and identity management
• Experience with engineering and deploying mobile solutions, including Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM), Mobile Content Management (MCM), and Mobile Application Management (MAM)
•2+ years of experience in Cloud endpoint Strategy Development
• Knowledge of Zero Trust and how to apply Zero Trust principles to a Microsoft Cloud Environment
• Microsoft Azure or M365 Certification
• 10+ years of experience delivering and leading technical solutions and projects in a technical or management capacity
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Mathematics
• Working knowing of ITIL Service Management
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.