Do you enjoy enabling business teams to make good decisions with data? The work
you do as a Data Engineer focused on Business Intelligence and Reporting will be
instrumental in providing dashboards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to our
SaaS customers. This is a technical role requiring a combination of strong software
engineering skills and data visualization and charting skills including defining and
maintaining definitions of key business metrics.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain dashboards leveraging Business Intelligence tools such as Sisense, Power BI etc.
- Help build systems and processes to get the data into a format where it can be queried easily for insights
- Spend part of your time consulting and providing guidance with both internal teams and customers
- Ensure that gold standard dashboards providing key metrics are always well maintained and accurate
- Define and implement Extract Transform Load (ETL) jobs on data for internal and external data sources
- 2-5 years experience working with data
- Expert SQL skills
- Intermediate Python programming knowledge
- Detail oriented and passionate about keeping the dashboards accurate and communicating with business users
Nice to Haves
- Delivering software working in an Agile environment
- Experience with best in class commercial Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with data warehouse design including understanding Star schema and other design approaches
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other Cloud providers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.