***This posting can sit in any of the following markets: San Diego, Orange County, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Omaha.***
The Cox Business Indirect Sales Manager leads assigned outside sales team to achieve Cox Business sales goals. Hires, trains, and coaches outside sales and/or retention representatives in assigned region to ensure that corporate sales and retention strategies are followed, and goals are achieved.
The position works in an office setting and assists with customer acquisition, growth, and retention. The role is a key part of a successful and high accountability sales organization. Use of personal vehicle to travel to customers’ locations within the system is an expectation of the role.
• You will be responsible for building and leading an experienced indirect sales team
• Possesses strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex territory strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the regional sales teams
• Build Regional sales plans that drive business through indirect selling through a multitude of Channel Partners, and local Demand Generation
• Split time 50/50 between leading assigned team and meeting with customers & partners
• Closely work with extended sales resources, including, but not limited to SE Manager, OM Manager, Agent Channel Specialists, Recruiting, etc.
• Partner with the distribution sales team and their leadership in efforts to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns into the Regions
• You will work closely with a multitude of Channel Partners to drive transactional growth
• Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
• Coaches, develops and manages the performance of the Agent Channel Managers to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets for revenue growth, service, productivity, quality and optimization of customer satisfaction within assigned area. Ensures that each Sales Representative is using a consistent sales approach and uncovering the needs of each customer to ensure the Cox Vision and Trusted Provider focus.
• Serves as a subject matter expert or advisor on selected customer sales and handles issues escalated by team members.
• Collaborates with CB Marketing Manager to assure that effective planning and coordination between CB Sales and the overall marketing objectives of Cox is maintained.
• Facilitates segment-specific strategic planning to maximize market share and revenue and maximize the potential of team’s account lists. Assigns accounts to appropriate sales channels, and within inside sales, assigns account representatives with consideration to share growth, cost of sale, and client potential.
• Assigns sales goals (quotas plus key sales objectives) and other defined sales metrics for outside sales representatives, based on corporate/regional sales goals for each market.
• Develops appropriate territory structures for geographical and/or vertical markets.
• Develops account forecasts and manages sales team to achieve maximum revenue while maintaining profitability.
• Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the local system, and across systems. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
• Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
• Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Business and Cox Communications departments to ensure high quality customer service.
• Reviews and approves sales presentations, ROI assessments, commission reports, and other reports developed by Agent Channel Managers within his/her approval authority.
• Prepares regular expense reports and controls expenses while meeting or exceeding corporate revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
• Ensures that indirect team updates all required customer and agent information in a timely fashion.
• Attends job-related training and informally remains current on technical information regarding Cox’s telephony, data, and video products and offerings, and sales through completion of required/recommended training program.
• Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 5 years experience in business-to-business consultative sales
• Excellent skills in building relationships, building the sales team, business sales skills, champions adaptability, coaches and develops, oral communication, demonstrates business acumen, business advisory skills, business sales skills, continuous learning, making sales operations decisions, PC skills, and promotes accountability in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred; enterprise sales management and strategic planning experience preferred
• 3 years experience in communications sales
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Knowledge of the local market
• Experience compiling, preparing and submitting bid responses to RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.