The Solution Design Consultant I is responsible for providing support for new and existing Cox Business customers for configuration of complex products including IP Centrex, CBSS, Managed Internet, and Managed WiFi. This includes coordinating installations, partnering with third-party vendors, and promoting additional services where applicable. Focus on standard, simple, and templated solution deployments that require limited technical network and/or product specialization and certifications.
Major Tasks/Overall Support Requirements:
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering and Sales to translate contracted services on order, pre-sales design package, and customer provisioning information into detailed configuration requirements needed for deployment of services into the customer environment
- Serve as interface between Cox Business and customer to capture technical details of customer’s network, existing technology, and desired service configuration
- Initiate, plan, execute and control project efforts including assisting Sales Engineers in coordinating cut-overs to Cox service, on-site testing, and customer communications
- Provide limited on-site customer configuration support as required by the customer and/or solution requirements
- Provide remote regional and national order support as required, working common queue and providing flex support across Cox Business footprint
Product scope includes, but is not limited to:
Unified Communications and Hosted Voice Solutions:
- Complete service configuration forms with the customer to support equipment installations
- Focus on simpler IP Centrex installs and upgrades of (generally) less than 15 seats
- Support collection of SIP Questionnaire and collect trunk information as needed by the Sales Engineering team
- Focus on more standard voice deployments (single site, low number of phones, and limited call center features)
- Managed Networking Services:
- Translate network design documentation into equipment order, and facilitate the handoff of customer provisioning details and configuration requirements to aid equipment ordering and installation
- Support collection of unique customer network requirements including VLAN, IP, and routing requirements
- SD-WAN support and coordination functions
Business Security Solutions:
- Review simple design packets, translate into VISIO design, participate in customer on-site walk through visits, problem solve pre-install issues and serve as a liaison for assigned customers in escalating and resolving trouble tickets during implementation
Business Video Solutions:
- Collect all information about the property, type of TVs, design of the splash/guide page, start-up channel, etc. Attach this to the PID.
- Flexibility to support expansion to data collection across new forms of business that may include managed services, hosted solutions, and new industry verticals and product lines as needed.
- Technical Product Configuration and Troubleshooting Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in telecom service configuration
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in telecommunications preferred
- Consultative selling experience
- Ability to train individuals and groups
- Strong technical aptitude, including Windows-based applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Commercial security industry experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to provide solutions to customer needs and challenges
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to travel to customer locations within the system
- Ability to work virtually as part of a regional or national team
- VOIP or Networking Certification (Including CompTIA, Cisco, The SIP School)
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.