At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
Cox Media is looking for an exceptional and innovative Digital Sales Manager to drive digital sales strategy including leading all digital sales efforts, maximizing revenue generation, overseeing digital sales training and ensuring Media Consultants are meeting their digital goals. As leaders in the digital space, we are looking for a digital trailblazer that challenges the process and thinks outside the box to provide the best solutions for our customers.
- Be the subject matter expert on building the best strategic approach to driving the revenue for digital department
- Partner with local sales leadership to cultivate a consultative approach to digital media sales to exceed revenue goals
- Train and develop media consultants to build sales presentations and proposals for local, regional and national accounts, and advertising agencies to ensure that clients goals and objectives are being met
- Motivate sales team through building inspirational training materials to increase product knowledge and sales adoption
- Analyze market trends and competitive initiatives to identify areas of opportunity within the organization
- Work with peer Digital Sales Managers and the corporate product team on digital strategy
- Develop strong relationships with our internal and external customers, including media consultants, our clients and other cross-functional teams by being a valuable resource.
- Manage and implement best practices for tracking campaign success through measuring digital metrics and client return on investment and effectiveness of digital campaigns
- Represent Cox Media in the business community by attending local events and building relationships with key decision makers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales
• Four years minimum marketing or sales experience required with 2+ years Digital product experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in development of marketing campaigns and business-to-business marketing.
• Strategic planning and analysis experience.
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in an extremely fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Travel required to and from Cox locations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or similar field required. MBA strongly preferred.
• Interactive Advertising Bureau Certification and/or Google Ad Words Certified a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.