The Building Access Manager leads and motivates a team of building access professionals to identify new commercial opportunities within the Phoenix system and acquire commercial access agreements and easements to ensure efficient implementation of Cox Business services to our end customers.
This role includes researching the Ownership/Property Management of commercial offices, industrial, and retail locations and implementing strategies to secure Access and Easement Agreements with the Owner/Property Manager. Facilitate the introduction of Sales team members to commercial real estate professionals to develop relationships that will foster growth of Cox Business revenue. When necessary, works with legal team to modify agreements to meet the unique needs of the customer and Cox Business.
- Identification of new commercial opportunities within the Phoenix system including locations of office, industrial, and retail opportunities that make good financial and strategic sense for Cox Business to serve.
- Engages in business development activities as it pertains to the growth of the Arizona system
- Research the Ownership/Property Management of office, industrial, and retail locations and implement a strategy to secure access and easement Agreements with the Owner/Property Manager.
- Leads team of Building Access professionals to meet stated goals and objectives to drive revenue
- Maintains existing relationships with Property Managers, Property Owners, Brokers, and other commercial real estate industry professionals working through organizations like NAIOP to develop relations with portfolio owners, property managers/owners/brokers.
- Sets up meetings with owners/property managers and makes visits to their locations.
- Process and negotiate Access and Easement Agreements with Property Managers/Owners including portfolio deals for multiple projects. This will include requesting preliminary designs from construction, working with the sales team to perform a survey of the tenants in the building, present and negotiate agreements to a satisfactory conclusion that benefits the company.
- Ensures Building Access Agreements are negotiated and maintained in Cox Communications' best interest; leveraging Cox legal team when appropriate
- Tracking and follow-through of all projects in a timely manner to ensure a professional relationship with the Owners and Property Manager that is based on excellent customer service and integrity with the client.
- Monitors Service Level and Quality metrics of building access team on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain contract files and ensure contracts are kept up to date. Assist in the management of accuracy of client database.
- Partners with sales leaders to develop effective building lobby events to drive penetration in buildings
- Identify and escalate system and procedural problems to the Director level. Makes recommendations regarding potential changes.
- Recommends steps to improve efficiencies in the area of sales support, reporting, order entry, database management, building events, expansion support, renewals, automation, etc.
- Possess strong initiative and the ability to work autonomously.
- Support proactive expansion build initiatives by achieving targeted building access agreements in funded expansion areas.
- Provide input to Construction/Planning to identify additional opportunities for expansion of sales opportunities.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable on company products, procedures, database utilization, and policies.
- Ensures sales compliance to company policies as it pertains to building access.
- Monitors quality of work for BAA Team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years of experience in dealing with the Commercial Real Estate Development, Brokerage, and Management Industry or having existing relationships with the Commercial Owners/Developers, Brokers, and Property Managers in Phoenix.
- Experience leading and motivating a team of professionals to meet stated goals and objectives
- Understanding of Phoenix Real Estate Law.
- Working knowledge of Telephone systems and products and/or LAN/WAN topologies and connectivity technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Organizational skills
- Good analytical, oral and writing skills including the ability to develop PowerPoint presentations and effectively present to audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively with all Cox Employees as well as keep a good working relationship with core Cox Business boundary partners.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of Cable, Internet, and Telephony products will be crucial to influencing Owners and Property Managers.
- Discern, through the use of a few analytical tools, whether or not a particular project will be good business for Cox.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and CoStar required
- Understanding of Telecommunications Law strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable of Cox Products, Services, and databases including use of ICOMS preferred
- Knowledge of CRM programs desirable
- Some travel required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university is preferred; and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. On-going career-progression seminars, mentoring, advanced-leadership training programs desirable.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Office applications, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GIS tools such as Google Earth and CoStar.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.