The Director, Inventory and Pricing is responsible for defining and driving the enterprise strategy for inventory pricing and usage to maximize inventory yield across Cox Media’s multiple sales channels. Analytical, collaborative, consultative leader who can influence across the organization. Strategic thinker, connected to the industry trends, ability to communicate those to the organization in a way that connects and drives change.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Defines and drives enterprise strategy for inventory usage for the organization
- Analyze data, define strategy and influence behavior to drive maximum inventory yield across local, national and programmatic sales channels
- Analyze trends, set targets, create standard reporting to drive adoption
- Understand market conditions, industry direction, the value proposition and customer needs to be incorporated into the enterprise strategy
- Own pricing strategy for the organization
- Define KPI’s (leading indicators) and develop and deploy tools to measure
- Define the organizational structure for a broader inventory and pricing team, both center and field. Define skills and capabilities for field inventory roles. Participate in finding talent. Coach and lead.
- Strong people leader: Identify, hire, train and coach talent
- Partner with market VPs and sales leaders to drive alignment and adoption
- Provide market consultation for in-field best practices and thought leadership
- Requires leadership experience (leading a team), analytical thinking and influencing through others and significant thought leadership
- 10 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Finance, Analytics)
- Requires strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and data story telling skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, Finance, Marketing)
- MBA preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.