Cox Communications is searching for a Lead Technical Analyst who must have knowledge in broadband architecture, design, material usage application, construction (aerial, underground, FTTx, HFC for residential, commercial and multi-development), project and program management, and management of major capital projects. The lead technical analyst will evaluate, analyze and identify issues to BOM (Billing of Material) project workflow and provide recommendations for operational efficiency.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Work with large amounts of data, gathering, cleansing, analyzing, and summarizing. Strong SQL, and Excel, skills are a must.
Provides and conducts analytic efforts to support business operations, which includes data analysis, data structure, reporting and dashboard development for material usage.
Works with Outside Plant Construction team members to define and development KPIs and operational metrics for material logistics. Perform reconciliation against each project.
Analyzes Outside Plant material and logistics performance metrics, trends and standards, defines, develops and delivers appropriate improvement, sustainability strategies and programs to improve performance.
Evaluate contractor performance in all areas of contracted work. Develops analytical KPI and numerical modeling of complex operations systems and processes.
Presents recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives
Work with Supply Chain Management to understand equipment ordering and delivery cycle as well as material usage to ensure that proper materials are available when required.
Develop analytical strategies to solve business problems – this involves understanding the business problem, identifying relevant data, gathering, and summarizing data meaningfully and applying appropriate statistical analysis to identify causal relationships and predict future outcomes. Deliverables must be high-quality with strong attention to detail.
Use SQL to access our databases and work with data
Create dashboards trending and automated reports on key business metrics.
- 8+ years of experience in related field (i.e., data analysis, metrics, etc.); 5 or more years of experience
- Experience working in a large data environment doing SQL and Excel development
- Experience managing data requirements/development projects with a close attention to detail and high-quality performance
- Conducts business impact analyses and validation studies and market research through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final research report
- Develops analytical tools and numerical modeling of complex operations systems and processes. Must be able to clearly and accurately present information to executive management team and provide practical recommendations for the leadership team.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience in construction, project management and management of a large capital projects. Knowledge of Cox Construction initiatives, objectives, and job types
- Experience in presenting budgets, schedules and other areas associated with project and program management.
- Willingness to mentor others in development of skills to aid them in succeeding in management of large-scale communications projects.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.