Responsible for developing Revenue budgets/forecasts and the analysis/reporting of monthly revenue results versus those plans. Builds financial models to accurately project the financial impacts of initiatives or business decisions related to revenue. Serves as business partner for Marketing/Sales leadership to share key drivers of revenue performance and assist leadership in developing plans to deliver on financial commitments.
- Conducts research and analysis of financial data needed, and identifies emerging financial trends within revenue
- Performs ad-hoc financial analyses at multiple levels of complexity which may include calculations of rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis, and financial and expense performance comparisons
- Creates, tests, distributes and tracks financial models, reports and dashboards
- Presents recommendations to internal customers and Sr. leaders, analyzes and reviews data, resolves questions or problems, and may implement solutions
- Assists with sales compensation planning for the Northeast and Virginia markets
- Consults with key Sales/Business Operations/Marketing leaders at various levels of organization to assess needs and drive revenue growth.
- Presents financial performance to the enterprise leaders on a periodic basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Finance, Business Operations, Sales Operations, etc.); or 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Requires excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- BS/BA required in related analytical field (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics)
- Working knowledge of Essbase/Hyperion
- Analytical experience with or knowledge of planning full P&L
- Experience in media sales / telecommunications industry a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.