The Supervisor, Construction and Planning plans, coordinates and builds new, rebuild and upgrade construction projects. Performs field engineering, creates efficient route designs and estimates costs. Allocates and activates fiber. Plans network splicing for coax and fiber optic networks. Obtains access and right-of-way agreements. Coordinates permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles. Repairs and inspects Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks and ensures backbone is available for launch or deployment of products.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Review and approve all project designs and determines cost effectiveness.
- Facilitates new business opportunities by conducting feasibility studies, inclusive of planning coordinating and budgeting activities
- While at the same time managing budget and capital expenses and resources relative to the projects.
- Coordinates all processes, communication, accountabilities, and procedures associated with the project.
- Researches, compiles, and reports current data relative to the project.
- Develops and monitors plan and time-table for execution of project and ensures effective monitoring and analyses of business objectives related to the project.
- Interprets and implements company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors and oversees Planning operations to provide complete, quality services with exceptional reliability and performance.
- Promotes continued development of team members and self.
- Develops processes to meet regulatory compliance for Planning and Construction. Ensures compliance of Headend/MTC environment standards.
- Monitors the Remedy Queue
- Ensures FCC compliance
- Manages long-range plans for expansion, budgets, and, planning.
- Reaches out to other Cox locations/peers for sharing of best practices, lessons learned, reliability and operational efficiencies.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure project meets due dates.
- Sets priorities and reviews performance of staff.
- Ensures work-zone safety, work quality and customer satisfaction
- May oversee the splicing and activation work involving construction and repair of the fiber optic network.
- Responsible for hiring, developing, coaching and setting performance goals and expectations for employees, conducts performance evaluations, monitors work flow, sets priorities.
- Oversees the scheduling of projects to ensure that objectives are met, maintains and protects existing plant, increases service options, expands the customer base, and increases revenues.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent related experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related field. (i.e. Outside Plant Construction or Telecommunications Technical Operations, etc.) Certification is required in some areas;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, written, verbal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Strong computer knowledge that includes, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Valid local state Driver’s License with driving record that meets Cox standards
- 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role
- Knowledge of Network Compliance and local Blue Stake requirements and regulations
- Experience in cable and/or telecommunications construction
- Management of contract assets
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.