Our customers are our most valuable asset. And we want them to stay that way. We need someone like you to provide them the solutions that will set their business apart. We’re Cox Business, part of the Cox Communications family, and we’re all about owning every moment, helping our customers realize their business dreams.
Cox Business offers top-notch technology that helps our clients stay confident, connected, and productive. Our Outside Retention Representatives have a passion for retaining, upselling and growing our business, all while providing an exceptional customer experience. We’re on a quest to find someone whose savvy sales skills will help us keep our customers smiling.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
What You’ll Do
You’ll serve as a powerfully potent problem solver, using your personal brand of brilliance to retain and upsell to customers. One way to be successful is by being super responsive to customer inquiries and concerns, while turning cold calls into real relationships. Here are a few other things you’ll focus on:
- Cold-call customers to generate new sales opportunities
- Manage your own account portfolio, accurately forecast business, track your own performance and develop plans to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Identify new sources of revenue for existing customer base.
- Develop and maintain consulting relationships to retain assigned base of existing customers.
- Work with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Determine serviceability of client location and whether construction is required.
- Coordinate with other departments to resolve any maintenance or billing problems.
- Make follow-up calls to customers to inform them of referral program.
- Remain current on technical information regarding Cox Business services/solutions.
What’s In It For You?
At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
- We value people more than technology. That means you’ll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you – yes, you – as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You’ll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
You’ve got grit. No question about it. Your proven sales track record precedes you, as does your success ratio with cold calls. You’re a gifted communicator, who understands the value of listening and problem solving. You’re someone who anticipates customers’ needs so you not only offer them what they need now, but also what they’ll need next. You’re positive and productive – a true self-starter who sees things through, from email exchanges to customer concerns.
- 1 or more years of related sales experience
- 1 year of successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas and cold calling
- History of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work independently in the field 50% of the week or more
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation
- Thorough knowledge of Windows-based PCs and Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
- 1 year technology or telecommunications sales experience
- Experience with field sales, pipeline development, new lead generation and prospecting
- Knowledge of local telecom market and local contacts
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.