The Senior Cloud Developer at Cox Enterprises Inc. (CEI) leads in the planning, design, implementation, and support of CEI’s API services and infrastructure orchestration / management of the hybrid cloud environment. This person will be a member of a team of highly self-driven cross-functional Integrated Business Technologies (IBT) members responsible for driving best practices to create robust services and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) enabling CEI’s self-service hybrid cloud offerings.
- Provide technical insight and analysis on the direction, long-term vision, and best practices of automation technology.
- Design, implement, and support backend API systems and custom portals for Cox Enterprises' cloud infrastructure.
- Build, implement, deploy, and manage tools to automate and manage cloud infrastructure and software.
- Build and run automated tests and automation for software maintenance.
- Work with various application, operation, and product management teams to understand requirements and collaborate on projects.
- Build trust and develop effective working relationships across various IBT groups and across all divisions
- Work with management to set automation standards and best practices to ensure all services are reliable, scalable, efficient, and meet the business needs
- Provide technical mentoring both in and outside the Platform and Automation team
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BS in Technology-related field, or equivalent work history/military experience
- 6+ years of progressive experience with development experience
- 1+ years of hands on experience with any public cloud including Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (e.g.vRealize Automation, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Templates)
- Experience with automation in dynamic environments such as IaaS and PaaS (on premises, hosted and hybrid)
- Advanced knowledge with site reliability engineering, containerization technologies, and virtualization platforms, such as vSphere, Kubernetes, Ansible, and OpenStack
- Understanding of both Software Development and DevOps best practices such as Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration/Delivery for distributed services
- Working knowledge in a Linux environment
- Experience with distributed version control software, such as git
- Must possess proven technical leadership ability as a member of an engineering support team and be able to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work in a team and independently and prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Preferred experience developing APIs and microservices.
- Preferred experience using DevOps tools and processes; creation of CICD pipelines.
- Preferred strong knowledge of Architectural Patterns.
- Preferred solution Architect Associate/Developer and/or Azure Developer certification
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.