Cox Media has an outstanding opportunity to join our team as an Advertising Sales Associate.
The mission of Cox Media is to help businesses of all sizes connect with their customers through the most engaging advertising platforms and technologies available. We hire energetic, passionate recent college graduates who will represent the most reputable brands in the industry including ESPN, Google, Amazon, YouTube, Facebook, and many more. Our digital product offerings allow us to reach targeted audiences using geo-conversion zones, keyword and search retargeting, video pre-roll, and location-based audience segments.
The Advertising Sales Associate position is an exciting opportunity for someone self-motivated and driven to be successful and learn every facet of marketing and advertising sales. You will learn key functions within each department and valuable business skills from capable mentors. While working with seasoned Advertising Account Executives, you will find new business, participate in sales calls and assist in designing advertising and marketing campaigns and sales presentations. You will receive hands-on experience in how marketing campaigns are created, pitched, and executed. The skills you learn will provide you a solid foundation to prepare you for a successful career as an Advertising Account Executive.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business customers to contribute to the attainment of sales quotas
- Develop a high level of working knowledge about our products
- Develop television and digital advertising and marketing campaigns for new businesses and current clients
- Generate new business leads by prospecting and making cold calls to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close negotiations
- Represent Cox Media in the business community by attending local events and build relationships with key decision-makers
- Successful completion of Sales Associate Program curriculum
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents and grow your career. We value collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome – we are looking for talented individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
- Competitive base with uncapped earning potential!
- Winners Circle and other awards – we celebrate success!
- FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
- Retirement Benefits including 401(K) (Company Match)
- Work-life balance, including generous time-off policies: unlimited time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentoring and training programs
- Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
- Career advancement across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio
- 1+ year of experience in a related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Support, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, collaborative, and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Motivated team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
- Valid driving license, good driving record, and reliable transportation
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (Marketing, Business, Communications).
- Solid understanding of marketing principles and applications in business
- Interactive Advertising Bureau Certification and/or Google Ad Words Certified a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.