Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work-from-home role but will ultimately work in the Perimeter office in Atlanta GA.
Cox Automotive is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Consumer team (Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book) in Atlanta, GA. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a pivotal member of our team.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting teams to deliver secure, reliable, and performant solutions used by millions of visitors, dealers, and partners. The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for identifying, implementing, and assisting our teams with multiple initiatives including resilience, security, performance and availability, appropriate use of tools and processes, and product quality initiatives.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Technology We Use:
- Provides technical expertise and domain knowledge of practices related to resilience, performance, security and similar topics to assist our engineering teams to deliver reliable, performance and secure servers to our visitors and partners.
- Actively participates within our Scrum teams to help design, develop, test and deploy solutions.
- Maintains continual communication with project teams, verifying what was designed was built and adjusting the solution implementation as appropriate throughout the project.
- Helps define and promote best practices and guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in resilience, quality, scalability and performance within the engineering team.
- Ensures that standards are followed for technical excellence, including relevant certifications.
- Anticipates future technology needs based on business requirements and participates in the evaluation, selection and rollout of new technologies and tools.
- Helps to define relevant technical skills needed, including patterns, security, resilience, programming languages, certifications, performance, software design, documentation, etc.
- Optimize solutions for reliability and performance.
- Experience contributing to and maintaining open-source projects (or frequently-updated shared projects within an organization)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant industry certification, similar is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in design, development, implementation, and operation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet applications and systems.
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support.
- 2-3 years of working experience AWS technologies
- Experience in agile software development methodologies.
- Proficient in software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Passionate about continuous improvement related to reliability, performance, security, and best practices.
- Strong oral, written, presentation, and listening communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with architectural frameworks such as the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Experience in web and/or distributed application design.
- Experience in Version control such as Git and Stash.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery toolkits such as Code Build/Deploy, Jenkins/Puppet.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.