Solutions Architecture is responsible for the development of the end to end conceptual design and architecture for portfolio delivery initiatives and ensures architectural and eco-system alignment throughout the platform lifecycle.
The Solutions Architects is involved with a project from concept phase to completion and partners with the Business Requirements, Engineering, Development, QA and Operations teams to ensure that the defined architecture, solutions designs and products meet the goals of the business while also ensuring alignment with standards and strategic architecture blueprints.
The Solutions Architects collaborate with business stakeholders to decide which technologies to use and work closely with platform and application designers/engineers to ensure proper implementation and holistic end to end integrity.
They are the link between the needs of the business organization and the designers/engineers and provide feedback to refine roadmaps and standards based on the practical discoveries made during solution development process.
The Solutions Architects are the experts for all Advertising Technologies including platforms, integrations, workflows, and processes.
The Solutions Architects are responsible for project based and day-to-day activities.
The Solutions Architects are responsible for knowledge sharing and preparing technical operations for support of changes to the Advertising Ecosystem
The Solutions Architects are Industry experts and often collaborate and influences industry standards, best practices, and guidelines.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Defines solutions architectures in alignment with the Cox Media reference architecture, in partnership with Cox Media Application Development, Network and Engineering, Operations, Security, and PMO groups.
• Serves on Solution Design teams throughout the analysis, design, and build phases to ensure consistent, holistic end-to-end architectures and designs are being delivered.
• Architecture design could include but not limited to applications, platforms, integrations, data solutions, analytics, workflows, automation, artificial intelligence (Smart Systems), etc…
• Creates initial concept architectures based on initial high-level requirements.
• Provides feedback and recommendation to stakeholders to update, enhance or expedite future-state capabilities and resolve business gaps based on information discovered during project and change management activities.
• Assists as requested with design issues that might drive architectural changes.
• Initiates and manages engagements with external vendors and internal organizations within Cox Communications Other attributes
• Recognized subject matter expert and Industry Expert. Focus is on problems that have a direct effect on major segments of business programs and results.
• Routinely called upon to apply/demonstrate mastery of existing and emerging technologies, practices, and processes
• May direct major projects or programs with significant business impact within department, functional area
• Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field
• Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or within department problems
• Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes
• Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent provoking original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others
• Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty
• Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems
• Cross-department considerations are often present
• May provide oversight to employees’ professional development, but does not have unilateral hiring or firing authority
• May oversee the completion of projects or assignments, including planning, assigning, and reviewing
• State-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices
• Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical), rather than managing people
• May participate in industry events and be a representative on an industry-wide committee
• Internally recognized for knowledge and expertise in certain technical domains. May contributed to external publications, author or co-author patents, periodic contributions to the technical community body of knowledge, etc.
• Applies innovative solutions to problems.
• Occasionally contributes to the development of long-term strategy for specific functional areas.
• Provide project management leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams in their support of key initiatives during planning and deployment
• All other duties as assigned
• 8 or more years of experience required in related field – Marketing Technology, Advertising Technology, or related field
• Strong multitasking, analytical and creative skills
• Requires strong knowledge of linear or broadcast adverstising principles, digital advertising systems, audience based advertising principles and solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (Information Technology, Engineering, Marketing)
• Experience in media, ad sales, and telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.