The Cox Media Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing the overall digital marketing strategy. This role is critical in ensuring the Cox Media web presence is best-in-class, able to directly increase share of budget with existing clients, reduce customer churn and generate new business.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include overseeing the development, execution and delivery of digital marketing strategy across all client-facing online environments. The role will play a key part in the success of Cox Media’s digital footprint to build new opportunities to expand our client base. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- Work with the Sr. Manager of Marketing to build, plan and implement the overall digital marketing strategy
- Manage Cox Media’s foundational set of digital marketing tactics including website and blog
- Create strategy, conduct audits and manage Cox Media’s social media channels, working in partnership with the Manager, Content Marketing to ensure content is relevant for engaging and reaching active audiences
- Manage, track and measure the Cox Media SEO and Google Analytics metrics in collaboration with marketing peers, regularly suggest activities for improving the quality of online content
- Measure web-based ROI and KPIs for all digital platforms and make proactively and timely adjustments as necessary
- Maintain dashboard of performance metrics for real-time optimizations, proactively and regularly report performance to leadership
- In partnership with Sr. Creative Resources, serve as subject matter expert for the digital user experience, including site/platform responsiveness, SEO friendliness and crawlability
- Serve as subject matter expert and key team member for the development of ecommerce or customer self-service systems (e.g., Cox Media app, Customer Dashboard, Order Portal, Product Demo Site etc.)
- Partner with marketing leadership to advise on the planning and execution of digital marketing campaigns; ensure alignment to overarching digital strategies
- Work with key vendors and partners to ensure the digital mar tech stack is sophisticated and up-to-date; hold vendors accountable to all deliverables and to deadlines
- Acts as subject matter expert on all Cox Media products, their benefits, and how to demonstrate their impact to various marketing needs.
Additional functions of the role include leadership, tactical planning, collaboration, communication, administration, and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- Establishes and serves as role model for a professional marketing culture in which team members provide market strategy and execution, positively represent Cox Media to all constituents, and reinforce the Cox culture. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
- Coaches, develops team members to continuously improve individual expertise and team performance and capability.
- Collaborates with leaders of Center and Field marketing to identify opportunities within the marketplace that support goals of the business.
- Collaborates with lead and demand generation team to ensure digital presence is meeting new business objectives.
- Collaborates with Sr. Manager, Marketing to identify opportunities within the market that support goals of the business.
- Under direction and guidance of Sr. Manager, develop annual digital marketing plan that supports market's business goals and objectives for the year.
- Collaborates with Cox Media Corporate, CCI Residential and Business, CEI and other Cox Media markets to implement cross-functional programs.
- Collaborates with Sales, Sales Services and Shared Services to execute digital marketing strategies for targeted lead/demand generation and ad solicitation campaigns to support client acquisition and new business development.
- Leads team meetings to communicate progress toward goals and changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Tracks metrics and provides regular reports on the performance of the team.
- Prepares regular expense reports and controls expenses while meeting or exceeding corporate revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
- Research competitors and provide suggestions for improvement
- Remains current on marketing and technical information regarding advertising and marketing trends, evolution of digital marketing programs, Cox Media products and other required/recommended training programs.
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field; or 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 5 years successful web-development/digital marketing or experience in related field
- 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and/or certification
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Web development, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
- 3 years successful experience in management demonstrating progressive leadership responsibilities
- 3 years experience managing Marketing Managers
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.