At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
The Data Analyst II is a specialist on issues related to reporting, analysis, and metrics with strong understanding. Typically assigned to larger, moderately complex projects requiring independent decision-making. Output is periodically reviewed by others. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact operational results.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provides and conducts analytic efforts to support business operations
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Data management: validate the accuracy of the data, investigate discrepancies, make manual corrections, manage data migration and clean-up
- Uses Excel, SQL and Tableau to writes reports, creates charts, presentations and timelines in support of department or business operations.
- May write code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into reports and knowledge.
- Interprets operational requirements for inclusion in studies and analyses.
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Works with outside expertise engaged to assist or deliver analytic projects.
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives.
- Provide standardized data for Long Range Planning (LRP) and periodic Sales Performance Reviews
- Manage sales materials and best practices library
CRM Sales Administration
- Responsible for CRM daily management not requiring specialized technical expertise: create user accounts, manage access, maintain hierarchy, establish parent/child relationships, etc.
- Build customer assessments to provide business insights.
- Coordinate with training team to develop training materials.
- Act as a subject matter expert to determine how CRM can support strategies as defined by leadership
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience, manage the enhancement process and communicate them to the sales team.
- Serve as Platform/Technical SME during RFP process. Gather and assess business requirements and solution design.
- 2 or more years of experience in related field (i.e., data analysis, metrics, etc.)
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Reporting and data visualization skills using software like Tableau
- BS/BA degree in related discipline; Master's degree in a related discipline strongly preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.