The National Sales Planner for Cox Media will report to the Sr. Manager, National Sales. In this role, you will provide oversight on Addressable campaigns, working cross-functionally to ensure that customer-first service is employed on all business. Your primary responsibility is to steward Addressable sales and fulfillment, working to maintain optimal communications that facilitate maximum revenue opportunity across our footprint. As a key member of the National Sales team, you will serve as primary liaison for Addressable media between Ampersand rep firm contacts, centralized ad operations (AdOps), Product team, Marketing and Research, and other internal constituents, to ensure both customer and Cox Media success.
The National Sales Planner is an integral position within a fast-paced environment. It requires self-motivation, enthusiasm, flexibility, resilience, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
You will be proficient in all Cox Media digital and linear products, audience based sales, and be capable of evaluating sales opportunities and providing direction to AdOps team for execution.
Addressable Sales Oversight:
- Communicate effectively and seamlessly with Ampersand, Sales, Marketing, Ad Operations, Inventory, Product, and Research teams.
- Facilitate and/or participate in cross-functional status meetings as required with Product, Technology and Business Enablement partners, to stay abreast of developments relating to initiatives, projects and process evolution.
- Act as liaison between Ampersand and Cox Media Product Team to ensure that sales-impacting issues are identified and proactively remedied.
- Field questions from Ampersand and other selling teams around Cox Media advertising products, and work with Supervisor to authorize pricing thresholds for Cox markets.
- Serve as point of contact for escalating client issues or problems, helping all Cox Media parties to successfully resolve.
- Serve as National Sales delegate for cross-functional meetings where Supervisor should be informed but is not a required attendee.
- Provide regular visibility to revenue-accountable Field Sales teams around existing avails, and opportunities for upsell/additional digital revenue growth.
- Maintain communication with Ampersand to call out stale avails for re-quoting. Alert teams of missing creative or other issues requiring remedy to preserve timely campaign launch.
- Gather and maintain detailed insights into targeting parameters, changes in planned product enablement, timeline between avail and IO, and their impacts on campaign capacity and delivery.
- Stay abreast of advancements within our product portfolio and communicate to the Field Sales teams and Ampersand.
- Lead and maintain regular status meetings with AdOps team, to track and optimize Cox Media performance on clients’ Addressable investments.
- Track verification of delivery and campaign performance on National accounts, work with Inventory and AdOps team to ensure acceptable delivery by campaign conclusion.
- Thrive within a fast paced business environment entailing volumes of RFPs and Insertion Orders, serving as the “Sales Eyes” on all incoming opportunities to identify transactions requiring special consideration.
- Thoroughly review all Avails and IOs for cross-check of proper CPM and adherence to in addition to product rules of engagement.
- Provide insight and guidance as needed to support both Ampersand and AdOps in delivering successful campaign setup and delivery.
- Cross reference daily inventory report to identify any causes that might indicate a high sell-thru percentage rate per market, causing any conflicts in capacity and pacing.
- Proactively assess fulfillment challenges arising within Addressable campaigns, gather insights and feedback from internal partners, develop and implement necessary measures to remedy delivery issues.
- Coach digital campaign managers in strategizing alternate solutions when campaign under delivery and forecasting issues arise.
- Leverage Set Top Box data tools to provide guidance for alternate audience targeting as needed to increase scale and inventory capacity.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 2 years experience in Digital Media, either in sales or agency environment
- 2 years experience in Cable or broadcast television, either in sales or agency environment
- A solid understanding of audience based ad products and the data ecosystem that powers these products
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead through influence
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Demonstrated business acumen with exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales and client service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Distinguished organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Outstanding customer service skills with a keen ability to proactively anticipate and provide solutions for customer needs
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.