Typical Training / Experience – Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline; Generally, 5-8 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification required in some areas Dept/Org Scope & Impact – Seasoned professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field; May be responsible for entire projects or functions having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to department, area, and, at times, business unit results Problem Complexity – Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field; Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems Autonomy – Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected.
Determines and develops approach to solutions; Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues Knowledge – Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments. Advanced knowledge of organization's technologies and practices Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical) rather than managing people. Greater than 50% of time is doing individual contributor work No responsibility for developing and managing operating plans/budgets Influence/People Leadership – May oversee the completion of projects or assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.; Contributes to employees' professional development, but does not have hiring or firing authority '
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Ensures adherence to disaster recovery best practiced and Cox guidelines for On Premise and Cloud Data Solutions
• Designs Data Schemas and plans for loading and extracting data
• Is an expert in all key data systems and data information for advertising solutions
• Develops and maintains data dictionaries for use in correlation of data and explanation of data to non-experts.
• Monitors the performance of all data hardware and software (premise and cloud)
• Ethically handle private data, including financial and sensitive organizational data.
• Preserves data integrity
• Establish the needs of users and systems and monitor access and security
• Map out the conceptual design for planned databases, datasets, ETL, Integrations, etc.
• Assess and refine as need the logical design of data system so that they can be translated for use with new or changing data models.
• Maintain data standards, including adherence to Data protection best practices.
• Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definition for the data dictionary
• Control access permissions and privileges
• Work closely with system administrators, software engineers, and data architects to ensure new data capabilities meet organizational needs while conforming to operational standards.
• Communicate regularly with technical and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Provide project management leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams in their support of key initiatives during planning and deployment
• All other duties as assigned
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field – Azure SQL, AWS Cloud Computing, Microsoft SQL, Oracle SQL
• Strong multitasking, analytical and creative skills
• Requires strong knowledge of database architectures models, ETLs, Transactional Replication, data modeling, SQL query best practices, leveraging data through APIs, and data coorelation and transformations
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (Information Technology, Engineering, Marketing)
• Experience in media, ad sales, and telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.