Our customers are our most valuable asset. And we want them to stay that way. We need someone like you to provide them the solutions that will set their business apart. We’re Cox Business, part of the Cox Communications family, and we’re all about owning every moment, helping our customers realize their business dreams.
The Cox Business Inside Sales Manager leads assigned inside sales team to achieve Cox Business sales goals. Hires, trains, and coaches performance of inside sales and/or retention staff in assigned market to ensures that corporate sales and retention strategies are followed and goals are achieved.
The role is part of a budget-driven, sales organization; pressure to meet ambitious sales goals and will involves people management and complexity. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to customers’ locations within the system is an expectation of the role.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include leadership, planning, communication, administration, and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
• Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
• Hires and builds a sales team that has the ability and resources to achieve sales and retention goals.
• Coaches, develops and manages the performance of the inside sales and/or retention sales staff to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets for revenue growth, service, productivity, quality and optimization of customer satisfaction within assigned area. Ensures that each sales representative is using the IMPACT Sales approach and uncovering the needs of each customer to ensure the Cox Vision and Trusted Provider focus.
• Serves as a subject matter expert or advisor on selected customer sales and handles issues escalated by team members.
• Collaborates with CB Marketing Manager to assure that effective planning and coordination between CB Sales and the overall marketing objectives of Cox is maintained.
• Facilitates segment-specific strategic planning to maximize market share and revenue and maximize the potential of team’s account lists. Assigns accounts to appropriate sales channels, and within outside sales, assigns account representatives with consideration to share growth, cost of sale, and client potential.
• Sets sales goals (quotas plus key sales objectives for inbound and outbound sales) and other defined sales metrics for inside sales representatives, based on corporate/regional sales goals for assigned market.
• Develops appropriate territory structures for geographical and/or vertical markets.
• Develops account forecasts and manages Sales team to achieve maximum revenue while maintaining profitability.
• Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the local system, and across systems. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
• Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
• Works with the Manager of Outside Sales to ensure customer leads received from their direct reports are passed to Inside Sales Representatives as appropriate.
• Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Business and Cox Communications departments to ensure high quality customer service.
• Reviews and approves sales presentations, ROI assessments, commission reports, and other reports developed by Inside Sales Representatives within his/her approval authority.
• Prepares regular expense reports and controls expenses while meeting or exceeding corporate revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
• Ensures that direct deports update all required customer information in a timely fashion.
• Attends job-related training and informally remains current on technical information regarding Cox’s telephony, data, and video products and offerings, and sales through completion of required/recommended training program.
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 3 years business-to-business sales experience
• Requires 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Excellent skills in building relationships, building the sales team, business sales skills, champions adaptability, coaches and develops, oral communication, demonstrates business acumen, continuous learning, making sales operations decisions, PC skills, and promotes accountability in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
• 3 years experience in communications sales
• 1 year call center sales supervisory or management experience
• Knowledge of the local market
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.